It's been awhile. But back with questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaosadnd1

Hatchling Member
To make a long story short, I didnt have buttercup for awhile. She was well taken care of, but not held. So a two part question this will be. If I put this in the wrong place, I apologize mods!

First question: Feeding after a year old. The good friend of mine that had Buttercup for awhile fed her superworms, crickets, and mostly mustard greens. Her schedule was 1 feeding a day. 1 day greens, next day bugs, next day nothing. Rinse repeat. Now that she is moved back in, should I keep this schedule?

Second question: Should I start handling her daily? She seems a bit jumpy and nearly dives for my hand at food. I am afraid she will bite me, though has not opened her mouth at me or showed aggression in any way. She only shows that she is -always- hungry.

Can't wait to hear from you all again!

jarich

Juvie Member
That feeding schedule is fine for the live feeders (could add a bit more variety ;) ), but you will want to keep greens/veggies in there everyday.

As for holding her, Id probably give her a few days to get settled in again. After that she may get less jumpy on her own, but you can start handling again as usual.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
jarich":15r8xiav said:
That feeding schedule is fine for the live feeders (could add a bit more variety ;) ), but you will want to keep greens/veggies in there everyday.

As for holding her, Id probably give her a few days to get settled in again. After that she may get less jumpy on her own, but you can start handling again as usual.

Added...
To add to this post, jarich is right everyday the dragon should get salad, fresh is better. A good and easy to find staple for salad is collard greens.. typically this is available at every grocery store (at least in my area) there are other staple greens that are equally as good. Ensure the salad is bit size for the dragon so it is not struggling to eat.

To better assist you on your feeders, feeding schedule can you please give the dragons age? If you are not sure can you post a picture please?

And, by all means if your dragon can be handled, hold them. All of my dragons love to be held and receive attention. There can be time constraints however, and again this is dependent upon age.. and when the dragon ate, rhetorically speaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom