It's a boy!

In my last post, I mentioned that not knowing Marcy's gender was agonizing. It got me thinking about trying to sex him with a flashlight again, but last time I tried the results were fuzzy. This time, I took him to the darkest room in our house, waited for him to trust me, and checked. I saw two little grey lines, which means he's a boy! It makes sense, but I can't help but feel he's far from alpha lol. Even though he's energetic, he's also a huge chicken and waves at nearly everything. Maybe this will change as time goes on, but I think this one step has helped me become a little more attached. Took a nice school photo-esque picture of him with his body all black as well, so take it as thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 20221228_150958.jpg
    20221228_150958.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 75

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Congratzzzz IT'S A BOY!!!!!! 😄
he will grow outta being submissive, you got to remember babies are brand new to the world and EVERTHING is brand new to them. Can you imagine how scary that must be? As he learns to trust you and bonds with you he will become more self assured and bold.

Alinannyms

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Marcy
Congratzzzz IT'S A BOY!!!!!! 😄
he will grow outta being submissive, you got to remember babies are brand new to the world and EVERTHING is brand new to them. Can you imagine how scary that must be? As he learns to trust you and bonds with you he will become more self assured and bold.
Thank you, thank you :LOL:! It's hard for me to remember that he's so young sometimes, to even imagine that he's going to mature and get bigger lol. He's just so small and "lizard sized" that it feels like he's going to stay this way forever. I feel like I know his ins and outs already but at the same time I remember that I've only had him for like, a week! It's a weird feeling where its like I've known him forever but just met him yesterday at the same time. So excited to care for my baby more and watch him grow up!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
They grow extremely fast, enjoy him being little while you can, very soon you will be thinking wow he looks so different, then you'll look again and realize he is grown and wonder when THAT happened lol. A year seems like forever when your looking forward but it seems like a few minutes when your looking back.

Alinannyms

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Marcy
That last part is such a true statement! I've still got my whole life ahead of me, but already I can feel my perception of time become shorter and shorter. I'm sure some day I'll look back at how small he was and miss it, but right now I can't even imagine!

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
That last part is such a true statement! I've still got my whole life ahead of me, but already I can feel my perception of time become shorter and shorter. I'm sure some day I'll look back at how small he was and miss it, but right now I can't even imagine!
My guy is a boy too.!
I got him a week before Christmas.
Named him 'Dry bones' from the Nintendo games.

Congrats.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom