Isn't shedding her tail

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayenzed

Hey guys, my beardie Ramona is having trouble shedding her tail. I've given her warm baths and used a soft toothbrush on it but it won't shed! It didn't shed last time either and baths didn't help it, so I figured surely this time it would shed properly. But it hasn't and its the only part left to shed.
As you can see in the photo, her tail is super dark. Will it eventually fall off?? Suggestions please!
12067106_10201266820509684_2088533987_n.jpg

Her shed just stops at a certain point and wont go further. Yesterday it looked like the photo below, and today the line where she stopped shedding is barely visible. If her tail wasn't dark you wouldn't be able to tell at all.
12080835_10201266819749665_1432683421_n.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It doesn't look like she's ready to shed the tail. The dark coloring is pretty natural and common. I wouldn't worry about it. When the tail is ready to shed it will turn very gray almost losing it's color and then shed. Based on the photos it looks like a normal tail and nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom