Is your BD currently brumating ?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree he's probably not feeling well for some reason. He's not really brumation because he's not sleeping. My 10 yr.old boys are both sleeping now for almost a month and they never have a black beard and they rarely wake up. One will wake up for a little water or a few bugs during brumation , he just started doing that [ waking up ] this year, in the past he always slept through for about 3 months solidly like his brother.

I hope your boy is O.K and there will just be something easy to correct or easy for him to get over.

luvmybd

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks. Rocky’s appetite is as big as today. Loves to eat.
None of my previous 4 dragons slept for several months. That sounds like hibernating. A tortoise I had did sleep through a couple of months.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Brumation is the equivalent of hibernation for reptiles. They can sleep for months just like many mammals do. For the cold blooded critters the term is brumation though.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom