Is this Yellow Fungus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
110068-787885916.jpg
Hi I'm new here, I've had my bearded dragon since mid May and I got her from pet smart. She's been completely fine till her past shed about 2 weeks ago where I found a spot on her underbelly that looked slightly darker. The image attached. She has no other spots on her body like this or any yellowing spots. She does have some dark spots on her heels though.
110068-356855672.jpg
110068-779103851.jpg
some examples. Those appeared last week and I believe or hope are due to her flooring. I had her on the desert mat they sell at petsmart and the employee there recommended it for me. It was hard and rocky and considering how much she runs around I think it scratched her heels up.. Shes been moved to a reptile carpet for that.

I'm currently waiting for the vet office to open on Monday since the Christmas season messed with their hours this past week. Until then I was hoping to get a second opinion on her condition. She eats a lot of food, is extremely active and loves running around, has been pooping regularly, I clean and disinfect her tank often,, and she has proper lighting.

I've read so many horror stories and from the articles I've read it seems like Yellow Fungus is a death sentence. Apparently once you see yellow spots on the scales it means its taken its toll on their insides. She hasn't shown any differences in behavior at all and is still eating and running around like nothings wrong. Other than the toes and the spots she seems fine. She's still really young and it breaks my heart thinking she only has a few months left to live if its Yellow Fungus. Seriously so many articles and post make it sound like its a losing battle and a death sentence for them if they get it. If anyone can help me here till the vet appointment I would really appreciate it.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It looks like possible food stains or shes gonna shed-- have you tried washing it off --- also the foot looks like its gotten burned -- the desert matt is it a heated one? I am gonna have AHBD look at her tummy for sure
Karie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it doesn't really look like Y.F. , especially being on his feet as well. Have you tried to wash it off ? Could it be that the rough mat caused the scraping ?

Cabcat13579

Original Poster
I'm semi afraid to continue bathing her. She really likes taking baths and to treat her feet I've been rubbing them down with neosporin. The feet used to be much worse and were almost black at first. With the baths and neosporin they've lightened considerably. I believe the rough mat caused the foot issue. It wasn't a heated mat just rough and covered in fake rocks.

As for the stomach I've tried repeatedly to scrub her stomach, usually with a soft toothbrush but she freaks out every time I try. To be honest at first I thought she has stained it running over her poop and tried to clean it from there but after scrubbing a bit nothing happens, is there a better way to scrub the scales?

I don't think its shed because she just got finished with one.

Cabcat13579

Original Poster
I have an update. I came home after running errands to find the spot on her front left paw had fallen off. Her toe is red and raw looking. I've gone through and soaked her in the betadine people recommended and have applied antibiotic ointment to the spot and but a band aid on it. The others on her other feet look like they are starting to peel off as well. What do I do until the vet office opens tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom