Is this the start of yellow fungus disease?

Ericmack1

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Draco
Yesterday i was handling my beaded dragon (Draco) and i noticed a weird patch of skin peeling off his beard, and it didnt look like a normal shed, it was greyish and flaky and yellow around the base of his spikes. I tried getting him seen by a vet but wasnt able to get him in for a few days. They tell me it doesnt look urgent but to get him looked at. Can anyone give me some guesses to what they think it could be?

Also hes about 7 months old and has been battling coccidia since he was a pet smart baby, ive given him medication and am trying my best to keep his tank clean but i cant seem to get my hands on any disinfectant strong enough to kill coccidia in Canada. Would love suggestions on how to treat coccidia + possible yellow fungus infection. Images below

smaugthebeardie3756

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Smaug
A 10% ammonia solution (1 part ammonia and 9 parts water) will kill coccidia. Also steam. As for the beard, I'm not sure but it doesn't look normal. Hopefully some others can weigh in on that.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The darker splotches don't look quite right, but it could just be an odd shed. The yellow areas around it look like a fairly normal beard shed. I'd probably wait until the shed is done and see what the scales underneath look like. If the new scales look scabby or damaged, then I'd probably have the area tested by a vet and treated appropriately. It may just be an odd shed and a non issue though.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom