Is this tail rot?

feminem

Got this beardie a few days ago at petsmart and he already his tail like this. Only found out about tail rot earlier today. He doesnt seem to react when I touch it, is this anything I should worry about or help with?

Attachments

• 20220601_220812.jpg
    20220601_220812.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 20220601_210915.jpg
    20220601_210915.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 62

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
the colors getting darker toward the end is pretty normal. it does look like the end of the tail has been bitten though. i can't tell from the pictures, but is there an open wound there or just a crimp? if just a crimp, it's probably fine and nothing to worry about. if it is open you can put some unpasturized honey on it to help keep infection away. (make sure there are no crickets in the tank. they will bite!) some people also do a betadine soak and plain neosporin. i've never had to do either personally but if you search the forum i'm sure you'll see lots of "how to" comments on the subject.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

There is a bit of an indentation/crimp on the end of the tail but it doesn't look infected. How did that
happen, do you know? As suggested, try the raw honey or even antibiotic ointment on it just to help
in case there is any infection going on.

Let us know how things are going!
Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom