Is this tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrys owner

Beardie name(s)
Larry
Hey I was just wondering if the end of my beardies tail was rotting. I feel like he’s had it since I got him but sometimes it comes and goes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 97

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
Is his tail still pliable and flexible? Tail rot usually will be really dry and flaky so check to see if it’s dryer than the rest of his body. Have you noticed if it’s moved up his tail at all as you’ve had him? When was the last time he shed his tail? I’m not very knowledgeable about this but am trying to pinpoint something, do you know if ever injured his tail?

Larrys owner

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Larry
It doesn’t feel any different than the rest of his tail and when I got him it looked almost as if he was missing some of his scales and he has small parts like this. He shed his tail just barely but I’m not sure if he shed the bottom he might have only shed the top part

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 58

Larrys owner

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Larry
He also has wagged the end of his tail very slightly before and he curves it when he gets bathed

Larrys owner

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Larry
He does seem to be in pain and I can touch it and bend it without him caring but it just goes back when I bend it and it has a slight curve at the end

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I just did some searching on tail rot and kinks and other tail issues and it doesn’t look like tail rot to me the scales from that tight banded tight scale area(don’t know what else to call it) to the end of the tail look healthy to me they don’t appear black or dry and crusty at all. At some point there may have been an injury and it healed that way? I’ve honestly never seen a band of tight scales like that before hopefully someone else has seen a similar example. But I’m thinking he’s just fine but maybe someone else can help out to.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
The other thing with tail rot it usually starts at the tip of the tail and works it’s way and your photo doesn’t look like that to me.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I’m also wondering if at some point he had a stuck shed on his tail and constricted that area and changed the shape? If you think he hasn’t shed that part of his tail yet maybe try soaking him and then rubbing aloe on his tail it could be possible he has stuck shed? I’m still reading and trying to find some similar examples lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom