Is this shedding??? Pics inside

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Took my girls out for some sun and I noticed this on her skin (Amber) is it because she is getting ready to shed? Or is it something I should worry about? Just odd I know they shed in patches but these are large patches

Attachments

• IMG_20220701_130825.jpg
    IMG_20220701_130825.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 101

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Took my girls out for some sun and I noticed this on her skin (Amber) is it because she is getting ready to shed? Or is it something I should worry about? Just odd I know they shed in patches but these are large patches
Yes

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Is it normal to only be on the sides? I have had issues like this before but they shed the entire underbelly and back/spine but never like this. This didn't seem natural but I guess every dragon is different!! 😅

Thank you!
Mine do it all the time in fact Blaze is shedding his back legs 1/4 of his back and front legs -- he has been shedding all summer

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Especially as they get older and their growth slows, shedding is often done in patches/areas at a time as opposed to full body.

-Brandon

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom