Is this shed stuck up my beardies nose?

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
20230529_143430.jpg
(One I think is stuck) (Sorry if you cannot see it :( )
20230529_143621.jpg
(Other nose)

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
not stuck. just looks like normal nose trumpets. leave them alone and they'll come out on their own.

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
no problem! in general, stuck shed is not that common, although often worried about. it's important to not try to help them shed or peel the shed off for them. it can damage the scales.

sir henry will sometimes rub up against my hand when his face is shedding. i'll be giving him a dropper of water or a chin scratch and he's all "hold still a minute, i gotta make use of you!" but i always let him be in charge in those moments and i just hold still, never helping him intentionally. he knows what to do and when the shed is ready. other times he'll rub his face against the decor in his tank.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
When any of mine do that my girlfriend melts, i think it's one of her favorite times with them.

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
no problem! in general, stuck shed is not that common, although often worried about. it's important to not try to help them shed or peel the shed off for them. it can damage the scales.

sir henry will sometimes rub up against my hand when his face is shedding. i'll be giving him a dropper of water or a chin scratch and he's all "hold still a minute, i gotta make use of you!" but i always let him be in charge in those moments and i just hold still, never helping him intentionally. he knows what to do and when the shed is ready. other times he'll rub his face against the decor in his tank.
Thanks ^^

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That funny scale isn't a scale at all, it's a photo sensor of sorts, some call it a 3rd eye. It detects changes in light to alert them to overhead predators.

Pearl Girl

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Pearl
That funny scale isn't a scale at all, it's a photo sensor of sorts, some call it a 3rd eye. It detects changes in light to alert them to overhead predators.
Ooooh! I did not know that! :0

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom