Is this scale rot?

TheBeardieDude09

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Diamond
The end my of beardies tail looks like it had some trauma and is darker than the rest of her tail, and her belly has a few dark scales

TheBeardieDude09

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Diamond
I am confused -- you posted a pic of a 18" fixture -- which are you using ? the 18" or a 24" ? I would swap out the hammock for a cloth one or a fleece one --- www.pamperedbeardies.com or try www.etsy.com - we see a lot of foot and nail injuries from the green mesh and braided hammocks -- the UVB's have certain distance and placement for a T 5 and a T 8 that is why I am trying to clarify the bulb --- screens also block 30% of the rays so we need to place for screen as well
I have an 18” t5 10.0 zoo med uvb stick it is under the mesh lid

TheBeardieDude09

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Diamond
Ok so w/ that being said please make sure the T 5 is directly over the basking decor - that UVB is going to help heal the toe --- are there any other swelling going on w/ the feet or just the one toe? Trying to rule out gout as a possibility as well - what insects are you feeding?
I am using only super worms, I know that they are treat like and shouldn’t be the only insect feed

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I have an 18” t5 10.0 zoo med uvb stick it is under the mesh lid
18" are usually T 8's I dont think they come in T 5's - look on the bulb and look for a T 5 or T 8 it will tell you or look at the box - the distance is going to be different between the two bulbs --- please get him on a staple insect --- dubia roaches I recommend those or crickets or silk worms or BSFL those you will need a lot of as they are small --- I think we can safely say its not gout since your not feeding dubias as they are high in uric acid and too many of them can cause gout -- so I think he has gotten his nail caught in the hammock

Oh lord another uneducated parent -- go for the BSFL then they are like a worm -- www.symtonbsf.com order large -- how old is the dragon? are you dusting calcium on anything ? what about salads are you feeding them?

TheBeardieDude09

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Diamond
18" are usually T 8's I dont think they come in T 5's - look on the bulb and look for a T 5 or T 8 it will tell you or look at the box - the distance is going to be different between the two bulbs --- please get him on a staple insect --- dubia roaches I recommend those or crickets or silk worms or BSFL those you will need a lot of as they are small --- I think we can safely say its not gout since your not feeding dubias as they are high in uric acid and too many of them can cause gout -- so I think he has gotten his nail caught in the hammock

Oh lord another uneducated parent -- go for the BSFL then they are like a worm -- www.symtonbsf.com order large -- how old is the dragon? are you dusting calcium on anything ? what about salads are you feeding them?
I am educated, I dust her insects and salads in calcium with d3 every 3-4 days ,multivitamins once a week, and be pollen the rest of the days, she is about 3 1/2 and has collard green salads

TheBeardieDude09

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Diamond

I can try silk worms, I live in Orlando Dubai are illigle

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am educated, I dust her insects and salads in calcium with d3 every 3-4 days ,multivitamins once a week, and be pollen the rest of the days, she is about 3 1/2 and has collard green salads
Sorry I thought you were a juvenile in high school --- we see alot of the parents not letting the kids feed a good staple feeder-- is she eating those salads? If so that is good - she should be getting protein at least 2-3 times per week -- that would be dubias crickets silk worms or BSFL -- the D3 should be fed once or twice a week depending on that UVB bulb you have --- if its a T 8 more often if its a T 5 the once or twice a week -

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I can try silk worms, I live in Orlando Dubai are illigle
ok you can get discoid roaches in Florida they are similar to dubias

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have not ordered silk worms for a long time I did get them from here last --
Home | HelloSilkworms
Silkworms For Sale | Buy Silkworms from 40% OFF | #1 Farm TC the shipping from here is really high

TheBeardieDude09

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Diamond

Attachments

• 42514BB8-4604-40AB-A0AB-4AAD0FFE18AA.jpeg
    42514BB8-4604-40AB-A0AB-4AAD0FFE18AA.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 58

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom