Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary251

Hi, i just bought a BD about 2 weeks ago, hes a couple of months old, and i was just wondering is it normal for them to lie flat on logs etc with their back legs sticking straight out behind them? correct me if im wrong but i think i read sumwhere this is a sign of indigestion? and that BD should normaly have their upper body in the air, but my BD is just flat out on his log. He is eating enough etc and the basking spot and cool end are within the ranges.

Thanks in advance

Gary.

LJean

Extreme Poster
They can lay in all kinds of strange positions. If your basking temps are fine and he has been pooing as he should, I wouldn't worry about it. My young dragon is laying out on her hammock like that now.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
It's perfectly ok if he's lying flat with his back legs extended straight out. That just means that he's really comfortable. As for having his upper body in the air, that's when he's trying to get closer to the heat source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom