Is this normal???

BeardieFather04

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Hi everyone it’s officially a week since i’ve owned a bearded dragon and i made a different thread but now i’m more worried my beardie has been doing strange behaviors he has been licking everywhere running around and he only eats at least 7 bsfl a day and now he has also been doing this with his hand since yesterday please help!!!

Attachments

• E4AEEEEC-F87C-4DC9-B00B-FE0A6AABFBA1.jpeg
    E4AEEEEC-F87C-4DC9-B00B-FE0A6AABFBA1.jpeg
    163.2 KB · Views: 88

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Running around licking is good. He "explores" with his tongue, kinda like a dog sniffing around to get information on his environment.

If I remember right he wasn't eating at all before so the fact he's into the bsfl at all is a great sign. Is he pooping? 7 sounds a little low to me but I only have experience with Beebz and have come to learn she's a bit of a pig. If you're able to weigh him, and the numbers trend up I think you're good there.

Beebz does all sorts of wierd stuff with her hands. Does he always hold it like that, or just sometimes?

BeardieFather04

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Running around licking is good. He "explores" with his tongue, kinda like a dog sniffing around to get information on his environment.

If I remember right he wasn't eating at all before so the fact he's into the bsfl at all is a great sign. Is he pooping? 7 sounds a little low to me but I only have experience with Beebz and have come to learn she's a bit of a pig. If you're able to weigh him, and the numbers trend up I think you're good there.

Beebz does all sorts of wierd stuff with her hands. Does he always hold it like that, or just sometimes?
Hi thank you so yes he likes the bsfl but i think they are way to big so that’s why he doesn’t eat much but no he has never done this untill yesterday and today

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Hi thank you so yes he likes the bsfl but i think they are way to big so that’s why he doesn’t eat much but no he has never done this untill yesterday and today
Are they larger than the space between his eyes? If so that is too big and could cause either choking or an impaction. If not then they are OK, you can cut them in half if needed.

What I mean about the hand is has it been constantly held that way since you noticed yesterday? Like does he run and climb with it curled up or is it just occasionally you see it?

BeardieFather04

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Are they larger than the space between his eyes? If so that is too big and could cause either choking or an impaction. If not then they are OK, you can cut them in half if needed.

What I mean about the hand is has it been constantly held that way since you noticed yesterday? Like does he run and climb with it curled up or is it just occasionally you see it?
Okay so yes some are to big and i avoid those i order small subía roaches and bsfl i got the bsfl from a pet store because i needed a replacement for crickets asap now with the hand it started yesterday and he walks with it like that but then i fix it then he sometimes crawl with it curled up

Axil

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Beebz
Okay so yes some are to big and i avoid those i order small subía roaches and bsfl i got the bsfl from a pet store because i needed a replacement for crickets asap now with the hand it started yesterday and he walks with it like that but then i fix it then he sometimes crawl with it curled up
OK, as long as the ones your giving him are small enough to fit between his eyes then that's fine. I had to pick and choose which Dubai Beebz got for a while because I had the same issue with some just being too big.

The walking around on the top of his wrist does seem odd to me. @Drache613 is a vet tech so hopefully she or someone else might have an idea what is going on there. I would just be guessing.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
The not eating, could be relocation stress. Some babies take several days to start eating. If he doesn't start eating soon though it can cause health issues. How are you offering the insects? Beardies are very much movement triggered, you might have better luck feeding him in a separate container where he can chase the bugs 🐛.
As for the hand, what type of uvb are you using and are you using a calcium supplement?
He looks to young to have already started developing mbd, but you want to curb any chance before it can become an issue. I've seen my guys set like that, but they never try to walk like that. If he is walking like that, there is probably some kind of an issue and we need to fibd the cause so it can be corrected.

BeardieFather04

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taco
The not eating, could be relocation stress. Some babies take several days to start eating. If he doesn't start eating soon though it can cause health issues. How are you offering the insects? Beardies are very much movement triggered, you might have better luck feeding him in a separate container where he can chase the bugs 🐛.
As for the hand, what type of uvb are you using and are you using a calcium supplement?
He looks to young to have already started developing mbd, but you want to curb any chance before it can become an issue. I've seen my guys set like that, but they never try to walk like that. If he is walking like that, there is probably some kind of an issue and we need to fibd the cause so it can be corrected.
Hello good morning the worms are fed through his little plate and they move around a lot he doesn’t like to eat when i see him but when i try to take a look at him he does eat them i feed them with some bell peppers because he refuses every other green expect bell peppers he also hates dusted insects any other good substitute? Also i have a 10.0 T8 Repti sun 22” but i ordered a 10.0 T5 22” But he walks with his hand like that but then when i fix it he walks correctly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello good morning the worms are fed through his little plate and they move around a lot he doesn’t like to eat when i see him but when i try to take a look at him he does eat them i feed them with some bell peppers because he refuses every other green expect bell peppers he also hates dusted insects any other good substitute? Also i have a 10.0 T8 Repti sun 22” but i ordered a 10.0 T5 22” But he walks with his hand like that but then when i fix it he walks correctly.
How soon before the T 5 gets there? They have certain distance and placement - that will be determined by your screen - here is a website for nutrition Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info its outdated -- please start feeding greens the green pepper is going to give him watery stools too much water content -- little worms????????? What kind of worms?

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
If he can walk on it correctly he may be just doing it, he may stop on his own.
Please work with Karrieree on your lighting setup, she is very good at getting correct.

BeardieFather04

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Taco
How soon before the T 5 gets there? They have certain distance and placement - that will be determined by your screen - here is a website for nutrition Nutrition Content
ignore the kale info its outdated -- please start feeding greens the green pepper is going to give him watery stools too much water content -- little worms????????? What kind of worms?
Hello so the t5 will get here on march 13 on Monday the light is 7 inches above his basking spot and inside the tank as well. So i can feed him kale???

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom