Is this normal?

Jamste08

Beardie name(s)
Opal
Hey all! My beardies always had a sort of arched back. Ever since I got him from the store it was always sorta arched. Not too noticeable but grew as he grew. He’s also a lot shorter than what I see other Beardies his age. From my guess the parents may have had bad genetics as after purchase I saw the mother and she had a bit of an arched back aswell

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 67

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey all! My beardies always had a sort of arched back. Ever since I got him from the store it was always sorta arched. Not too noticeable but grew as he grew. He’s also a lot shorter than what I see other Beardies his age. From my guess the parents may have had bad genetics as after purchase I saw the mother and she had a bit of an arched back aswell
Could be genetics not sure tho- make sure your using a good uvb like a zoo med long tube fixture or a Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12% bulb
@AHBD
@Drache613

Jamste08

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Opal
Could be genetics not sure tho- make sure your using a good uvb like a zoo med long tube fixture or a Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12% bulb
@AHBD
@Drache613
Thanks! Yeah I was thinking it could be genetics. I just get worried when he doesn’t have posture like other beardies and he’s not the same size as some other beardies his age

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a form of MBD, it might not hurt him much if he's eating + moving around normally. So you say you saw the mother dragon at the store where you bought him ? Proper uvb is extremely important now, what type do you have and can you post pics of your set up + lights ?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom