Is this normal looking poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangedilemma

I'm going to be getting a fecal test ASAP, but I want to know if this is something to worry about.
IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality. The clear stuff wrapped around it is just dead skin I believe (he's shedding and had his stomach skin peeled down to his lower legs area).
Once I scooped it up I saw that there were chunks of the collard greens in the poop, though they aren't black, but a dark green. His urate looked good, but is this okay? It was a bit brown before I scooped it up and saw 'inside'. it has an odour I highly dislike, but that's more a sensitivity to smells on my part than it actually reeking to suggest parasites.
I haven't had him long, and also have poor memory so i can't really compare this to previous feces.
He's active and otherwise very healthy and well fed and taken care of. (correct temps, lamps, ect.)
And also he poops regularly.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Hi,
That is definitely not normal! I would do a fecal test immediately.. Good luck!

Before the poop did he eat something that he doesn't usually eat or has never eaten.
:/

~Haley

bayoupig5

Sub-Adult Member
Hmm, not to confuse you, but the pictures before you actually smashed it apart look fairly normal to me. Sometimes my dragon has poops that split a little like that around the sac due to higher hydration levels, but I can see the white urate underneath, and the smashed up part looks digested. Sometimes my dragon has poop that will have small chunks in it, which is likely due to her basking schedule, sometime she chooses to bask less than others. Basking temps are also helpful in terms of overall digestion, if your dragon is and adult basking at about 99-105 F is good, and for a younger dragon 105-110 F is good.

Dragon poop does tend to smell anyway, but if you have not had a fecal done it would be good to do so anyway so that you know where your dragon stands, especially before brumation. However, unlike the poster above me, I do not think it looks too unusual. A little loose around the sac, but if you are hydrating your dragon well, the poop can tend to break around the sac anyway.

HaleyMaree

Gray-bearded Member
Good point! I would do a fecal either way. The reason I say its not normal is because I haven't had my beardie poop like that, it looks a bit off.

~Haley :)

orangedilemma

Original Poster
Yes he defiantly is getting extra hydration these past few days (daily bath to help shedding plus he really enjoys them.)
And I've been cutting his food smaller which also seems to be helping. Thanks a lot.
Hope the test proves he's in good health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom