is this normal for. BD shedding in face??

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
Hi. All.. so im new to the BD lifestyle, a learning process. i hve. few pics of my Letty.. DOES THIS LOOK NORMAL around herEYE for Shedding? it didn’t look like tht before-PLZ REPLY-im OCD & always worrying about her. & She isn’t very active.
AFBE7683-B97B-47FB-8C15-957DD4AB3CD5.jpeg

Attachments

• B869CB9C-3906-48DB-A72F-79AC487BF018.jpeg
    B869CB9C-3906-48DB-A72F-79AC487BF018.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 002DE6E3-DD26-4F73-B31A-441FF5EEB2F7.jpeg
    002DE6E3-DD26-4F73-B31A-441FF5EEB2F7.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 60

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi. All.. so im new to the BD lifestyle, a learning process. i hve. few pics of my Letty.. DOES THIS LOOK NORMAL around herEYE for Shedding? it didn’t look like tht before-PLZ REPLY-im OCD & always worrying about her. & She isn’t very active. View attachment 73244
Normal did we go over your lighting- temps etc- she should be active

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
Normal did we go over your lighting- temps etc- she should be active
no i hvnt gone over lighting & temps-i’ll hve to look at the box i know i got a blue light-white day light& ive light- and i hve a red light i use sometimes at nite(left over from my snake) i hve a 40 gallon tank with a heater under the tank (left over from my snake 🐍) the whole top is screen so i cover the heated side trying to keep temp up- but tbh im not sure if my thermometer wrks rite i hve 4 & they all say something different- so not sure-& i need to start logging her temps-i will post pics in the light thread shortly.. ty for ur help 🫶🏻

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
no i hvnt gone over lighting & temps-i’ll hve to look at the box i know i got a blue light-white day light& ive light- and i hve a red light i use sometimes at nite(left over from my snake) i hve a 40 gallon tank with a heater under the tank (left over from my snake 🐍) the whole top is screen so i cover the heated side trying to keep temp up- but tbh im not sure if my thermometer wrks rite i hve 4 & they all say something different- so not sure-& i need to start logging her temps-i will post pics in the light thread shortly.. ty for ur help 🫶🏻
Please NO colored bulbs at all!! Please get a solid clear bright white basking bulb examples are Flukers Exo Terra Intense Arcadia Halogen or Zoo Med Repti basking bulb-- NO heat mats please -- please get 2 digital probe thermometers for the basking side and the cool side --- temps should be 95-100 for a adult / juvie dragon and 105-110 for a baby-- please get a long tube fixture for a UVB here are some links to some of this stuff so you know what I am talking about - this stuff needs to be gotten as soon as possible for your dragon to be healthy and stay that way --
24" Zoo Med for a 40+ gallon tank Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb perfect for 20 gallon tanks you will need this bulb for a 40 + 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or look for this fixture at Pet Smart they have now started carrying them
24" Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood you want the 12% bulb --
when you get the UVB please post back on here and I will help you place it for your tank - the screen is going to determined where that UVB goes

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
Please NO colored bulbs at all!! Please get a solid clear bright white basking bulb examples are Flukers Exo Terra Intense Arcadia Halogen or Zoo Med Repti basking bulb-- NO heat mats please -- please get 2 digital probe thermometers for the basking side and the cool side --- temps should be 95-100 for a adult / juvie dragon and 105-110 for a baby-- please get a long tube fixture for a UVB here are some links to some of this stuff so you know what I am talking about - this stuff needs to be gotten as soon as possible for your dragon to be healthy and stay that way --
24" Zoo Med for a 40+ gallon tank Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb perfect for 20 gallon tanks you will need this bulb for a 40 + 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or look for this fixture at Pet Smart they have now started carrying them
24" Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood you want the 12% bulb --
when you get the UVB please post back on here and I will help you place it for your tank - the screen is going to determined where that UVB goes
thnk you so much- i hve a 40 gallon with the UV light in a 2 dome fixture with a 100 watt day white light ZILLA brand & a ZOO MED 10 uvb 13 watt desert bulb for now, im buying one of those nice 40 wide tank tht open in the front i just put $ down on it & will buy the hood UV light whn i finish paying the tsnk off. i accidentally cracked mine, so it’s taped up on both sides. for now- how am i supposed to heat the warm side if i don’t use the heater thts under the glass on the under neath the glass. becuz tht light is her basking light. im going to post pics of my tank.
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
thnk you so much- i hve a 40 gallon with the UV light in a 2 dome fixture with a 100 watt day white light ZILLA brand & a ZOO MED 10 uvb 13 watt desert bulb for now, im buying one of those nice 40 wide tank tht open in the front i just put $ down on it & will buy the hood UV light whn i finish paying the tsnk off. i accidentally cracked mine, so it’s taped up on both sides. for now- how am i supposed to heat the warm side if i don’t use the heater thts under the glass on the under neath the glass. becuz tht light is her basking light. im going to post pics of my tank. View attachment 73383 View attachment 73384 View attachment 73382 View attachment 73381
The coil UVB needs to be replaced immediately-- your dragon is getting NO UVB w/ it and they cause all kinds of health issues -- please shut it off and start taking her outside for good UVB 30 minutes per day till you get it replaced -- your screen is a wide hole type the UVB can go on top but it needs to be replaced -- I would look at getting rid of the sand and replace w/ some textured NON adhesive shelf liner found at Walmart or your local home improvement store -- and if that day light has a coating on it called neoyidium please replace w/ a Flukers-- Exo Terra Intense-- Zoo Med Repti basking-- or a Arcadia Halogen - the day time bulbs have coating on them that causes all kinds of eye issues 95-100--- your basking light should keep temps to what you need them dragons heat from their backs not stomachs - ambient temp in the tank hot side can be around 100 or in the 90's - if the wattage of the bulb is not hot enough either go up or get another single dome place beside it and use a lower watt like a 75 but you must have the digital probe placed on where she sits for basking so you know what that temp is --

Letty

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Letty
The coil UVB needs to be replaced immediately-- your dragon is getting NO UVB w/ it and they cause all kinds of health issues -- please shut it off and start taking her outside for good UVB 30 minutes per day till you get it replaced -- your screen is a wide hole type the UVB can go on top but it needs to be replaced -- I would look at getting rid of the sand and replace w/ some textured NON adhesive shelf liner found at Walmart or your local home improvement store -- and if that day light has a coating on it called neoyidium please replace w/ a Flukers-- Exo Terra Intense-- Zoo Med Repti basking-- or a Arcadia Halogen - the day time bulbs have coating on them that causes all kinds of eye issues 95-100--- your basking light should keep temps to what you need them dragons heat from their backs not stomachs - ambient temp in the tank hot side can be around 100 or in the 90's - if the wattage of the bulb is not hot enough either go up or get another single dome place beside it and use a lower watt like a 75 but you must have the digital probe placed on where she sits for basking so you know what that temp is --
huh? i thought tht light has ur in it. any kimd
well thr uvb light i hve is this 1 for now thn i will get one of those ones tht go on top all the way across. & i undid the heat mat. & take her outside in the sun everyday- her color gets nice & she perks up from being in the sun- ive been wondering about tht light tbh
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
huh? i thought tht light has ur in it. any kimd

well thr uvb light i hve is this 1 for now thn i will get one of those ones tht go on top all the way across. & i undid the heat mat. & take her outside in the sun everyday- her color gets nice & she perks up from being in the sun- ive been wondering about tht light tbh View attachment 73592 View attachment 73593 View attachment 73594 View attachment 73595
Please shut the coil off and get a zoo med 24" fixture w/ a 22" reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia pro T 5 w a 12% bulb - you can find the Arcadia at PetSmart or the zoo med on line at Pangaea reptile they are good on shipping

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexreynolds
Top Bottom