Is this egg dead?

wurmbly

My beardie Greta just recently laid 7 eggs on the 4th of July. 4 of the 7 are 100% fertile but I think the other 3 are duds. Today I was out running errands nearly all day and when I got back today, I saw she had laid another egg in her tank, on the tile. The egg very clearly has a red splotch and vein webbing so I know it was fertile. I immediately put it in my incubator with the other eggs, which are doing wonderful by the way. I left it for a couple hours but when I checked recently I noticed the egg was dimpled and beginning to turn slightly yellow. Is the egg dead or should I leave it for a while longer to see if it can recover? I have an image but I’m not sure how to attach it here unfortunately.

wurmbly

Original Poster
the first image is from yesterday and the second is from a couple minutes ago. The dimpling looks much less severe but I’m still a little worried.
111541-5311181298.jpg
111541-4217358790.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That looks OK as far as I can tell, but I have little experience with them. Have there been any additional changes over the last few days?

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

setting up a tank for a garter snake in a few months!!
Trying to finish setting up my beardie tank. Just gotta connect it to the power.
Okay lol so as I was told my baby was a boy when I rescued him hehe well I took him to my vet and was advised he is a she ! I was thinking of renaming her to Virgo from Toothless any suggestions for names 😊🥰
I am new and looking for a teen beardie. I have been doing a lot of research for about 2 years.
I'm new here but not new to dragons or snakes. Over the 7 years. I opened my heart and home to neglected. unwanted dras and snakes, some critical conditions. Then nursing them back to health and their final family home. I regularly help my reptiles vet with emergency appointments and I also provide the care in my little quenteen,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babybeardiehelp
Top Bottom