Is this an eye infection?!

Frankiethedragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Francisco Lindor
We just got this dragon four days ago. We are new bearded dragon owners. Does it look like his eye is infected? tia

Attachments

• AE5DDEE7-DDE7-4D90-B58E-2CC31AF7A8BF.jpeg
    AE5DDEE7-DDE7-4D90-B58E-2CC31AF7A8BF.jpeg
    95.4 KB · Views: 126
  • E8A58862-99C7-415C-9CC4-70D861FC215D.jpeg
    E8A58862-99C7-415C-9CC4-70D861FC215D.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 104
  • CA7DA445-1E75-498A-B36D-43EC3F1B0F89.jpeg
    CA7DA445-1E75-498A-B36D-43EC3F1B0F89.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 99
  • CFD0C2FC-7954-4686-8132-3F8B00B4CC55.jpeg
    CFD0C2FC-7954-4686-8132-3F8B00B4CC55.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 92

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You have a tiny one. The eye does look irritated, but not sure it is an infection yet.
What type of UVB light & basking light are you using? Do you have a loose substrate in his
tank, or a solid particulate?
You can get some sterile saline solution to try & wash his eye out a couple of times per day
to see if that helps out.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Frankiethedragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Francisco Lindor
Thank you. Do you think I should bring him to a vet or back to the pet store for them to look at it. Could it be parasites or mites. Just don’t want it to get worse. As soon as I get home I will see what lighting I have and take a picture of his set up. We do have a solid substrate. We are brand new to the bearded dragon world so any tips would be greatly appreciated. He also is not eating. If anyone has a tip on how to get him to eat that would be great. We have two leopard geckos also(not in the same tank). But I remember it took about a week when we first brought them home to eat. Hoping it is the same with Frankie. Tia

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Thank you. Do you think I should bring him to a vet or back to the pet store for them to look at it. Could it be parasites or mites. Just don’t want it to get worse. As soon as I get home I will see what lighting I have and take a picture of his set up. We do have a solid substrate. We are brand new to the bearded dragon world so any tips would be greatly appreciated. He also is not eating. If anyone has a tip on how to get him to eat that would be great. We have two leopard geckos also(not in the same tank). But I remember it took about a week when we first brought them home to eat. Hoping it is the same with Frankie. Tia
Your basking bulb and uvb play a huge part in the health of your dragon - we need to start w/ all your lighting please

Frankiethedragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Francisco Lindor
Hello,

You have a tiny one. The eye does look irritated, but not sure it is an infection yet.
What type of UVB light & basking light are you using? Do you have a loose substrate in his
tank, or a solid particulate?
You can get some sterile saline solution to try & wash his eye out a couple of times per day
to see if that helps out.
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
C6F0E28D-5357-48E8-9281-E819F8CD775F.jpg

This is the tank I ordered. What lighting do you recommend? And what else do you think we should get.

Attachments

• 0E881A1C-5B48-4637-B1BB-1852A90138F3.jpg
    0E881A1C-5B48-4637-B1BB-1852A90138F3.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 71

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
View attachment 70884
This is the tank I ordered. What lighting do you recommend? And what else do you think we should get.
Ok I would get a Zoo Med 24" fixture Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this will come w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it for a back up distance and placement is different from this bulb you need 22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
or this one is good as well but I think they are sold out
24" Arcadia ProT5 12% UVB Bulb With Hood you can look at Pet Smart they are now carrying these
you want a good hide a large one your dragon is going to grow --- if you get a hammock please get a cloth one or a fleece one www.etsy.com search bearded dragons or www.pamperedbeardies.com
you need a good solid bright white basking bulb examples are Flukers -- Exo Terra Intense or Zoo Med Repti basking bulb or Arcadia Halogen --- you will need 2 digital probe thermometers Zoo Med Digital Thermometer one for the basking side and one for your cool side -- you want this to get your surface basking temps - stick ons are inaccurate
also a digital probe hygrometer Exo Terra Digital Hygrometer | Dubia.com place the probe on the center back wall optimal humidity is 40-50% nothing under 20 and over 70% --
No colored bulb of any kind - No sand or walnut shell or coconut fiber -- good substrates for easy clean up are textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank you can find it at Walmart or your local home improvement store --
thats a start if you need more help please ask
I can help you get the UVB placed for your tank its going to depend on what kind of screen you have

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom