Is this alright?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know about the requirements of crested geckos specifically, but I don't see why an appropriately sized plastic bin wouldn't work as long as lighting is adequate and there are proper hides etc.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got a terrarium for him but It might be too big cause I can’t get him to eat. He licks it off when I put it on his nose and that’s about it.

HerpGirl

Hatchling Member
Aireon719":3heqifg4 said:
I got a terrarium for him but It might be too big cause I can’t get him to eat. He licks it off when I put it on his nose and that’s about it.
They need a 10-20 gallon vertical tank.

Aireon719

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This is an old post but I assume he or she's finding her food. She's still tiny but I've had her since August 2020 but I'm guessing she is just a slow grower.

Hatchi

Beardie name(s)
Alfred AKA The UlanBaby
Can I use a plastic tub container for a crested gecko for a couple months till I can afford a terrarium.
You need to heat up the container with a basking light or such. This might melt the plastic. You should ask the people you buy it from if it is good with the heat from the light. Also, it might be a little small. Can you post a pic of your gecko in comparison to the container? Thanks.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom