Is this about average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetLover

Hatchling Member
I just bought a little male beardie from a breeder online. He is 7", 12 grams and hatched 0ct. 21. His parents are both 18" long. Does he seem like he is about average or is he going to be bigger than 18" when full grown? Do babies have different growth spurts as they are maturing into adults? He is being shipped to me this week.

my1stBD

Juvie Member
I cant say if he is average or not or estimate what size he will grow to............BUT
Yes all babies differ regarding groth, some grow steadilly, and some will stand still or grow a little one month and then hit a groth spurt where theyre in basically constant shed for weeks on end and then have a slow month again

Spikey07

Juvie Member
If both parents are 18" then he probably will be about that size when he is fully grown.

All babies grow differently so it is hard to give an 'average' size. I have 2 babies at the moment, 1 hatched 30th Sept and is 11.5" and 90g. The other hatched 6th October and is 12.5" and 119g. Both are housed separately.

Providing he is well fed, is given calcium and vitamin supplementation, has correct heat and a good UVB bulb, he will grow to his full potential.

See this site for a list of what is good and not good for your beardie to eat http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk
Hi everyone, I have a question please. I have a thick branch I got from outside. It has been in freezing temperatures so I know that it is insect free. I took it off the ground and sat it up during a night we got down to 15 so the entire thing would freeze. Well tonight I put white vinegar all over it too cleanse it since it won't fit in my oven. Do I need to rinse with water tomorrow or is it fine left alone dried?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristinaStS
Top Bottom