is this a real pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
Looks real to me, Its just a baby and most babies have awesome color :) Leatherback for sure.. Silkies are ugly and that is NOT ugly :)

Ladyhawk42

Hatchling Member
As a n00b, I have no idea what I'm looking at, but it's pretty.

I looked at the silky morph at dachiu.com. At first I liked it, but then I found myself less and less attracted to it. One of the appealing aspects of a bearded dragon is the scale variation. Leatherbacks are very pretty, but the silky almost looks like an amphibian in some respects. I like amphibians, but if I want one I'll buy one.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Flynnthedragon":9b94nrst said:
Silkies are ugly and that is NOT ugly :)

I agree with you on that. I see pictures of Silkbacks, Leatherbacks and normal spiky. My fav? The spiky! :D I may be biased because that is the type my Nim is. :p Silkies aren't bearded dragons (LOL), they are just weird and unattractive to me. But that is my personal opinion. I won't judge people who own silkies. I just don't want one.

Flynnthedragon

Hatchling Member
yeah some people love silkies.. They just arnt for me ahah. I like my reptiles to have scales. Really like leatherbacks though, I have a normal though. Silkies just remind me of naked mole rats and bleh, so creapy haha

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Exactly yes. :lol: I don't like naked animals. Cats, dogs, rats, lizards, good thing there are no naked birds. Silly little chicken thing they would be. :D I've seen baby birds.

I know there was a guy on Fauna who posted he was working with on a project to produce something like that, I wonder if it worked and that is one of them.. I will check in and see..

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
Colesdad":4hof32np said:
On further inspection these little babies don't look the same, but are very dark and have a leopard printed belly. They have some stress marks, but all babies do in the pretty store. I held the one show and was a happy, alert little guy. They had an older one in there, he is the other beardie in the picture. I looked closely at his belly, he does have marks, but for sure had the leopard print.

Those poor things are super stressed, that's why the black is on their bellies like that :(

Colesdad

yes, i agree they are stressed. That is why the patterns on the "belly" is so noticeable. And the hind legs had patterns offer than verticals. And of course you want to :) buy every animal from the pet store. They are probably not the kind that one shown in the first post.

Ps, I love this website, it had so helped my with being and beardie owner (slave) !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom