Is this a bad light to use?

The guy at petsmart told me to get the bulb and I also just got a baby dragon Monday and unfortunately it didn’t make it through the end of the day. It wasn’t eating or drinking that I know of and tried different bugs and greens. Could it be due to the light or something else. I got this all around bulb but the 100w one. Anyone have any ideas? I want to get another one but want to make sure I have the correct lighting before I do.
213800E2-701D-4FDE-A4D3-5A770DA68D6B.jpg

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
Hey there, so sorry about your baby dragon dying, did you get it from that petsmart? I don’t live in America (I’m an Aussie) so I don’t know the pet trade there, but maybe you could report it to the manager or something? Just don’t get anymore pets from that store, they don’t seem to have the best of care. @KarrieRee should be able to help you with the lighting issue.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The guy at petsmart told me to get the bulb and I also just got a baby dragon Monday and unfortunately it didn’t make it through the end of the day. It wasn’t eating or drinking that I know of and tried different bugs and greens. Could it be due to the light or something else. I got this all around bulb but the 100w one. Anyone have any ideas? I want to get another one but want to make sure I have the correct lighting before I do. View attachment 73561
The MVB you have is good but it is recommended that you have another long tube fixture w/ it - they are a great heat bulb but lack UVB and the further the distance for the MVB the less your UVB rays are gonna be- what size tank do you have? I can help you get the tank set up w/ correct lighting etc but you need 2 digital probe thermometers to get a accurate surface basking temp--

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
The guy at petsmart told me to get the bulb and I also just got a baby dragon Monday and unfortunately it didn’t make it through the end of the day. It wasn’t eating or drinking that I know of and tried different bugs and greens. Could it be due to the light or something else. I got this all around bulb but the 100w one. Anyone have any ideas? I want to get another one but want to make sure I have the correct lighting before I do. View attachment 73561
I don’t think it was the 💡. I think the bearded may have been sick prior to you purchasing it. You can get a sick beardie anywhere you purchase it but it’s something about the ones at the pet stores like Petsmart that don’t sustain heathwise

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Your best bet is an established breeder. They will be able to tell you all about its genetics and the history of its lineage. They will also be able to help you with correct husbandry. Even if you have to order it online, you stand a way better chance of getting a healthy baby. Most people at the box pet stores have little to no experience with the pets they sell, and even less idea how to care for them.

Racerx2316

Original Poster
The MVB you have is good but it is recommended that you have another long tube fixture w/ it - they are a great heat bulb but lack UVB and the further the distance for the MVB the less your UVB rays are gonna be- what size tank do you have? I can help you get the tank set up w/ correct lighting etc but you need 2 digital probe thermometers to get a accurate surface basking temp--
Here is a pic of my set up. Only thing is I had the light on the left side until after my baby passed last night.

Attachments

• 3EC5E3BA-6154-412E-848B-DC70F692591B.jpeg
    3EC5E3BA-6154-412E-848B-DC70F692591B.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 67

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom