Is there anyway to restore old forum images?

Hello all

I found some old forum threads of my old bearded dragon that I wanted, but when I looked, they had a red x and no photo where the photos should be.

Is there any way at all to retrieve these images?

Thanks
Dan

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Do you have a link to one of the threads? Most likely they were images that you had hosted elsewhere and just posted the links to. If that’s the case, then there’s nothing I can do. If they were links hosted on this site (I.e the XIMG tags and they are broken), I can look into it more. I had restored/fixed most of the image links when we migrated to the new forum, but some may have had problems.

If you can post a link to one of the posts in question, I can check on why the broken image is appearing for you.

Cheers,
Alex

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I suspect that there is nothing I can do to bring those back. At least one of your older threads shows the image links being to an image hosting site. Here’s an example image link from one of your older posts:

I’m not sure which service used that posting.org domain. But if they’re still around maybe see if you still have an account with them.

DixonFromCleveland

Original Poster
I suspect that there is nothing I can do to bring those back. At least one of your older threads shows the image links being to an image hosting site. Here’s an example image link from one of your older posts:

I’m not sure which service used that posting.org domain. But if they’re still around maybe see if you still have an account with them.

Hi, many thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. I am wondering now if I just uploaded the photographs directly from my computer, from a folder, however I have since formatted that computer but I am sure the photos still appeared on the site. I imagine I was hosting them from my computer.

I believe the link above was shutterstock and they messed it all up when they held our photos hostage.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom