Is something wrong with his ribs?

ColeDWestin

Hey guys.

While feeding my Bearded Dragon (his name is Safi) this morning, I noticed a peculiar bump along his upper chest/ribcage that hasn't been there before. It feels like a rib (maybe broken?) and sticks out a bit while he's moving around, but he doesn't react with pain at all, and doesn't seem to be in any distress. Safi has been a bit slower as of late, and now that I think about it more, he's not been pooping all that much (weight doesn't seem to be going up or down though)

I'm planning on calling a vet to have it checked on, but what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• Beardy Bump?.jpeg
    Beardy Bump?.jpeg
    283 KB · Views: 439

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey guys.

While feeding my Bearded Dragon (his name is Safi) this morning, I noticed a peculiar bump along his upper chest/ribcage that hasn't been there before. It feels like a rib (maybe broken?) and sticks out a bit while he's moving around, but he doesn't react with pain at all, and doesn't seem to be in any distress. Safi has been a bit slower as of late, and now that I think about it more, he's not been pooping all that much (weight doesn't seem to be going up or down though)

I'm planning on calling a vet to have it checked on, but what do you guys think?

Thanks in advance,
@AHBD
@Drache613

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I have 3 currently and have had 5 total.
Never seen anything like that on mine, i would take to the vet,if it is a broken rib it could puntcure something

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom