is my sheldon sick??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetflee

Wont eat but two crickets a day for over a month, hes losing wieght n his eyes were real droopy till I started feeding him baby food yesterday... Call petsmart but they said hes fine but I dont think so :(

Sorry, I'm sure you've posted this elsewhere, but can you give us some more information? What lights do you use, what substrate, is he pooping, does he have uvb, are you dusting with calcium, what size is his enclosure, what are his temps at? I know these questions are annoying but it will REALLY help us help you to know what his set up is like.

Oh, also: how old is he?
3 a day is nowhere near what he should be eating. Relocation stress can affect their diet, but after a month in your care, his stress should be all but gone and he should be eating more than that.

Irwinshealth

Sub-Adult Member
This definitely does not sound good. You should really get him to a vet ASAP. Meanwhile if you could run through your set up we can try and get you on the right track.

sweetflee

Original Poster
For lighting i have a reptiglo 10.0 UVB, an UVA a 75 watt Neodymium basking bulb... For the floor i have reptile carpet, hes in a twenty gallon tank with a metal top that i bought at petsmart, also i bought the juvenile bearded dragon food n the veggies n fruits that are sold in a bag, he never ate that.. I also give him fresh kale and other green and veggies and fruit everyday he would eat the greens but not any thing else...the temp in his cage is around 90 except at nite and the humdty stays around 30 -40 did i miss any thing u asked??

sweetflee

Original Poster
I got him in sept and he was 5 inches hes 9 inches nowc, and yes i do dust with reptocal.. the crickets n salads is wat i dust. I got another beardie for christmas n he gets the exact treatment sheldon does n hes doubled in size, thats how i knew sheldon was sick cause the other one grew soo fast n ate sooooo much lol i just want my sheldon to get better!!!!

sweetpea1981

Juvie Member
Ok a few things to change and he should get better
uvb should be the reptiSUN 10.0 TUBE or the arcadia 12% TUBE (reptiglo is bad for the beardies eyes, if you see your beardie closing one eye or both eyes alot that is one of the first signs) the wrong uvb can impact their eating habits.
You should not use any basking bulb with neodymium, you need a basking bulb without neodymium.
the temps are a little low your basking spot should be 105-110 degrees for proper digestion cool side should be about 80
Here is a good nutrional chart it is color coded http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom