Is my new baby dragon showing severe stress marks??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my baby three weeks ago and I can’t tell if these are stress marks that I’ve read about?

I’ve done countless hours of research but find different information.

How can I attached pictures for you to see?

I got him three weeks ago. He’s a baby. Temperature and feeding schedule as instructed with a 60 gallon tank.

I have a long tube fixture for a UVB (NO Zillas, NO Thrive fixtures and NO COILS, NO colored bulbs, NO sand, NO heat mats or rocks).

His basking temps are taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and they are 105-110 degrees.

Can someone please tell me if those are severe stress marks and if I should be worried?

I’ve had him for three weeks and after the first week I handled him for about 15 minutes a day and let him roam around. When I sat on the floor he would climb up my arm to my shoulder — so I though he was adjusting fine.

But I noticed those darker marks on his skin today while climbing up a little tree. He has NOT presented a dark beard, NOT puffed his beard, NOT hissed.
So I wasn’t sure if that is his normal belly and body coloring, as I read that most dragon’s bellies get almost black, or puff out the beard or hiss — which thankfully has has never done.
111430-6552745346.jpg
111430-9676006310.jpg
111430-116121150.jpg
111430-431948468.jpg

Gail

BD.org Addict
Those are indeed stress marks which is a unfortunate name. Those marks often have nothing to do with stress. They can darken to absorb more heat, when too cold, as a means of camouflage or just be the normal coloring.

He doesn't looked stressed, appears alert and curious. As long as he is eating, I wouldn't worry. The marks will likely fade as he gets older.

moonie2021

Original Poster
Thank you very much!

What breed of beard dragon is mine? The store owner wasn’t helpful on that regard.

And I don’t yet know what gender. I’ve read about one bump vs. two on the bottom lower when they get a bit older can tell gender.

Gail

BD.org Addict
It is a Pogona vitticeps or central bearded dragon. As far as the coloring, it appears to be a normal as I don't see any obvious morphs.
It can and most likely will change color as it grows. Could stay grey, also could turn yellow or orange.

Gail

BD.org Addict
You are welcome. Also, you can try sexing with a flashlight. He still might be too small but it doesn't hurt to try.
You can google the technique, lots of examples to be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom