Is my enclosure ok? Beardie has been acting weird since move

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielc12

Hi there,

Sorry for anyone who has seen all my posts the last few days. I’ve been kind of reading myself sick the last few days over all the forums because my beardie has been acting so weird since I moved her into her new tank. I moved her from a 20 gallon to this 40 gallon, and I’m worried her lighting isn’t good enough or her set up is bad, which is causing these weird behavior issues. I can’t remember the UVB bulb brand, but it’s mounted inside the tank eight inches up from the rock, but the basking bulb is 150W with a dimmer. I have digital thermometer probes with one on the basking spot and one above the cool zone. The humidity is at 35%. The substrate is one of those desert carpets from Petsmart, and she has two hides. The bridge I bought because she was having some issues getting up to her basking net, but she’s figured it out since so I think i’m gonna take it out.

PLEASE let me know if i need to fix anything. She has a vet appointment on saturday and I’ve sinked like close to 2K into her in the last few months, and I feel like i’m just doing everything wrong. I've gotten to the point where I'm considering rehoming her cause I feel like I'm just doing such a **** job taking care of her. She was so happy before I moved her into this new tank and now she seems so miserable. thank you in advanced

Attachments

• EF24E872-94CE-489C-BE21-0091F1B9DF94.jpeg
    EF24E872-94CE-489C-BE21-0091F1B9DF94.jpeg
    236.6 KB · Views: 471
  • A2BE9987-8A19-4050-BF9C-1AD08B1EF6F1.jpeg
    A2BE9987-8A19-4050-BF9C-1AD08B1EF6F1.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 157
  • E0528548-7DF3-4737-84AA-2BD5282C4694.jpeg
    E0528548-7DF3-4737-84AA-2BD5282C4694.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Your setup looks great. I'd just give her some more time to get used to it and settle in. Your UVB light looks like an 18'' T8 of some kind. The fixture looks like a Zilla Slimline. One thing I suggest is to remove the clear plastic cover from in front of the bulb (it looks like it's there in the photo, but I'm not sure) since that will intercept the UVB. Other than that, just let things be for a bit and see if she settles down. Maybe offer her a treat by hand. Some black soldier fly larvae or something else she enjoys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom