Is my dragon saying goodbye?

SPandS

Juvie Member
Light cones? A dome? You have your uvb in a dome fixture? Can you show a pic of your uvb bulb please? You say you bought a t10 because you couldn't find a t12 but they only come in a t8 (fatter bulb) or a t5 (skinnier bulb) if you have the linear bulb that you really need. The strength can be either 10.0 or 12% depending on the brand. If you have your uvb in a dome that would be a cfl or what they call coil on this forum and they aren't strong enough to pass through any screen and should really never be used.

neverwhere10

Original Poster
I apparently have confused light bulb types in regard to this forum's regular dialect.

I thought coil meant incandescent lights. Like my combo heat and UV light for my Uromastyx is "coil" - "a coiled wire that heats up and produces light", and a coating on the bulb to generate UV light.

The UVB light I recently purchased was a florescent light but "coiled up" in a small enclosure that fits in a dome enclosure. I forgot these are called cfl's, and are not the same as a straight florescent bulb. In regards to your comment about the community calling it a coil.. It would make a lot more sense to outsiders to call it a cfl. Don't hate me lol, i'm an innocent outsider.

An update after reading that the cfl I bought was garbage, especially through screens, I placed the light inside the cage on its side so she can get close to it. The bulb is not hot at all.
She has since moved within an inch of it and doesn't leave until its sleepy time. Then when she wakes she comes out right back to it, which is a huge change in her movement routines! She still only wants to eat 1 green leaf, no worms, and has visibly lost a good amount of weight so far.
Since her constant proximity to that cfl light it obviously seems that she wants more UV in her life. I will order online a real tube light like you have suggested.

I have also misinterpreted the earlier comments on T#'s. I thought that meant the UV 10%, 12%, etc.. not the bulb type. I am now educated.

Thank you all for the help all responders, much appreciated.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I apparently have confused light bulb types in regard to this forum's regular dialect.

I thought coil meant incandescent lights. Like my combo heat and UV light for my Uromastyx is "coil" - "a coiled wire that heats up and produces light", and a coating on the bulb to generate UV light.

The UVB light I recently purchased was a florescent light but "coiled up" in a small enclosure that fits in a dome enclosure. I forgot these are called cfl's, and are not the same as a straight florescent bulb. In regards to your comment about the community calling it a coil.. It would make a lot more sense to outsiders to call it a cfl. Don't hate me lol, i'm an innocent outsider.

An update after reading that the cfl I bought was garbage, especially through screens, I placed the light inside the cage on its side so she can get close to it. The bulb is not hot at all.
She has since moved within an inch of it and doesn't leave until its sleepy time. Then when she wakes she comes out right back to it, which is a huge change in her movement routines! She still only wants to eat 1 green leaf, no worms, and has visibly lost a good amount of weight so far.
Since her constant proximity to that cfl light it obviously seems that she wants more UV in her life. I will order online a real tube light like you have suggested.

I have also misinterpreted the earlier comments on T#'s. I thought that meant the UV 10%, 12%, etc.. not the bulb type. I am now educated.

Thank you all for the help all responders, much appreciated.
Have you replaced the cfl or coil uvb? And if you have what did you get? You need a long tube fixture like zoo med w/ a reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia pro T 5 w/ a 12% bulb. When you get it please post on here so we can help you set it up for your tank the screen will determine where it goes

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewsalecia2015
Top Bottom