Is My Dragon A Dunner and Hypo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
So here's my dragon. I think she's a girl, but it's possible she's a he. Is she a dunner and hypomelenistic beardie?
Thanks!

84810-3883888209.jpg

84810-6762353978.jpg

84810-2774760225.jpg

84810-9911482720.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Sora....it looks like it, the scales go in every direction on his belly so that's a sign of a Dunner and his nails look clear if I'm seeing them right. Can you post a pic of his back as well ?

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ya lol sorry if this was posted late. I've been busy with exams and learning to drive.
Here's some more:

84810-7639769921.jpg

84810-5246101073.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks like a Dunner except for the tail. A dunner's tail pattern is usually just a straight line or else dashes rather than the typical rings. as it sold to you as a Hypo -Dunner ?

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No I actually bought mine from PetSmart for $50. It was labled "fancy" (lol) but I got her because she was the most active and pretty. I have noticed though that her tail stripes have been breaking as she's getting older.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It does look like a dunner....some of them have tail stripes but most don't from the pics I've seen. But the main characteristic is that the scales go in odd directions. Watch her beard as she grows. And if you want to arch her tail up high + get a few pics I can give you a 99.9% accurate [ :) ] guess on the gender.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh I know how to tell the gender (I've done it with a flashlight before... poor man's x-ray). I just know that baby male dragons can look like females. I've also noticed that she's been developing her femoral pores and they're pretty pronounced. So there is a slight chance she is a he.
But thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom