Is my beardie underweight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc808916

I'm new here. I adopted my baby about two weeks ago. I've been told he's 3.5 years old. It turns out I'm a super paranoid pet owner. I keep getting worried he's a little too thin. Would love opinions! He has some wrinkles unless he's just eaten. His hip bones look okay to me. I really don't know what to look for in terms of fat pockets esp on his head.
83876-9774945559.jpg
He just ate here and is basking, mostly to show head^
83876-6131940042.jpg
83876-1774407332.jpg
I think he looks especially skinny in that last one. He was surrendered to a Petco and I adopted through them. The manager knew what she was talking about and didn't say anything about weight, but he may have lost some since living with me because he ate lightly due to stress the first few days.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks a little skinny but not too bad. He may be naturally on the skinny side. Offer him a nice varied diet with a wide range of greens and bugs and let him eat what he needs. If he has proper diet and lighting available he'll get what he needs.

Kashki

My dragon is a bit like that too. He's a fussy eater and I think his weight suffers a bit for it. However, he still maintains good health and that's the main thing. If your dragon is eating well then I wouldn't worry about it. In fact you could probably start getting him to put on some extra weight if you were worried about it.

Just weigh him weekly and make sure he's not losing more:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom