Is My Beardie okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie Kaida is pretty jittery, and her eyes look like they're droopping. It started a few days ago, she's just stressed all the time plz help. She's my first beardie, so I dont know what to do. I'll send a photo. She eats normally, but I think she might be dehydrated. I make sure to mist her nose though.

Attachments

• 163529641928952735900423997237.jpg
    163529641928952735900423997237.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 109

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, all beardies can be jittery but is there anything new in the room that might cause it ? It's not necessarily a health or behavioral problem though. She looks fine so try not to worry. Are you handling her ?

Iownabeardie2000

Original Poster
No, there's nothing new in the room, it's the same as when I got her in Augest. I try to handle her when I'm about to feed her. I cant in the day though, I have school. It's good to know it's not a health problem.

Iownabeardie2000

Original Poster
Hi there, all beardies can be jittery but is there anything new in the room that might cause it ? It's not necessarily a health or behavioral problem though. She looks fine so try not to worry. Are you handling her ?
No, there's nothing new in the room, it's the same as when I got her in Augest. I try to handle her when I'm about to feed her. I cant in the day though, I have school. It's good to know it's not a health problem.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Why do you think she might be dehydrated? IME, droppy eyes aren't really a good sign of hydration status. The only good indicator is the urates. How have the urates been looking lately?

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yellow could be a sign, but typically it's more that the urates are hard and chalky. Yellow could be caused from over supplementation too. What does your supplement schedule look like?

Is your dragon good about eating her salads?

-Brandon

My beardie Kaida is pretty jittery, and her eyes look like they're droopping. It started a few days ago, she's just stressed all the time plz help. She's my first beardie, so I dont know what to do. I'll send a photo. She eats normally, but I think she might be dehydrated. I make sure to mist her nose though.
I see that you have the stick on thermometers in the back. Do you have any other thermometers to measure both the temp and humidity? If not, I’d recommend getting one that is not a stick on and rather a probe. I’m a first time beardie owner too, but from what i’ve read, the stick on ones are not accurate. I have one that measures both temp and humidity if you want me to attach a photo of that. Also, based on the stick on thermometer + background you have, it looks like you may have the thrive terrarium? I have the same one, and I know it comes with a coil UVB light. Have you gotten a different one? I’ve also read that the coils don’t work. I’m not sure if this would have anything to do with what’s going on or if u already have both of these things, but maybe the inaccuracy of the thermometer/UVB light arent giving her the proper temp and light that she needs.

Iownabeardie2000

Original Poster
Yellow could be a sign, but typically it's more that the urates are hard and chalky. Yellow could be caused from over supplementation too. What does your supplement schedule look like?

Is your dragon good about eating her salads?

-Brandon
Yes, I've been feeding her more grapes and carrots lately. I'll feed her a mix of crickets and fruit and veggies twice a day, once before I go to school and once after.

Iownabeardie2000

Original Poster
I see that you have the stick on thermometers in the back. Do you have any other thermometers to measure both the temp and humidity? If not, I’d recommend getting one that is not a stick on and rather a probe. I’m a first time beardie owner too, but from what i’ve read, the stick on ones are not accurate. I have one that measures both temp and humidity if you want me to attach a photo of that. Also, based on the stick on thermometer + background you have, it looks like you may have the thrive terrarium? I have the same one, and I know it comes with a coil UVB light. Have you gotten a different one? I’ve also read that the coils don’t work. I’m not sure if this would have anything to do with what’s going on or if u already have both of these things, but maybe the inaccuracy of the thermometer/UVB light arent giving her the proper temp and light that she needs.
K thanks I'll look into this!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom