Is my bearded dragon going into brumation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1 year old bearded dragon, and lately she has been very sleepy. Every time I come upstairs she's asleep but if I move towards her cage, she wakes up. She refused to eat yesterday so I really hope she is going into brumation, and she's not sick. Should I turn my lights off and put a blanket over the tank so she can get some sleep? I'm worried about doing this in case she's not brumating. This is my first time dealing with this so I'm kinda nervous.
*edit*- I am giving her a bath right now and she's a darker color than normal. Does this mean anything?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible. I would leave your lights on the regular schedule. Take her out once a week or so and weigh her. Then offer some water via drips on her nose so she can have a drink if she wants. I'd leave a salad in the tank too so she can have something to eat if she wants but their metabolism slows down to the point where they are rarely hungry. If her weight is staying pretty stable it's likely brumation and she is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom