• FDD70703-5DA6-4308-A4E0-2F9EDAEB1396.jpeg
    FDD70703-5DA6-4308-A4E0-2F9EDAEB1396.jpeg
    259.6 KB · Views: 99
  • CD7C8D9F-9B5F-4FDF-873B-F7469A27EEC7.jpeg
    CD7C8D9F-9B5F-4FDF-873B-F7469A27EEC7.jpeg
    279.4 KB · Views: 88

K.E.W.T

Original Poster
I feed her wax or horn worms, depending on what’s available at my local pet store! But I don’t feed them to her every day!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I feed her wax or horn worms, depending on what’s available at my local pet store! But I don’t feed them to her every day!
Ok I would cut out the wax worms for now -- they are like candy and too many can cause liver issues- get her some super worms instead and I would get them on line they are cheaper
they come only in large but are nice worms you will need to get a container w/ holes in the lid and meal worm food to keep them in and you can use carrots for hydration

K.E.W.T

Original Poster
I she doesn’t digest them properly, the skeletons are too hard for her, she only gets the worms at most once a week, usually it’s every couple weeks though! Aside from kale, collard greens and dandelion what else can I feed her regularly?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I she doesn’t digest them properly, the skeletons are too hard for her, she only gets the worms at most once a week, usually it’s every couple weeks though! Aside from kale, collard greens and dandelion what else can I feed her regularly?
The super worms are too hard to digest? Then meal worms are definitely going to be too hard they have a even harder exoskeleton so those are out - horn worms then for treat -- as far as another staple you can feed BSFL and silk worms - I am posting a nutrition website ignore the kale info it is outdated
Nutrition Content
a good salad bowl for BSFL Amazon.com

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Dubia roaches are also good feeder - you can get them online as well - places like dubiaroaches.com, reptilianarts.com, etc …

I use Dubia, and I rotate out silk worms, horn worms, and super worms along side the main feeder (dubia). It’s nice to have a variety of things - these feeders all offer different amounts of the nutrition your dragon needs.

If you are looking to keep track of her weight, you can use a digital food scale if you have one / or buy one. They are pretty inexpensive and nice to have around.

You can google the nutritional value of feeders and compare the content that way of you do want to watch her fat intake. There are lots of charts that list out the protein, fat, calcium, fiber and moisture content of common feeder insects.

You said your dragon usually only gets worms every couple of weeks … what do you usually do inbetween those times / during those couple of weeks?

She is a very beautiful dragon!!

Last edited:

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I agree, this is a beautiful dragon but she is a heavier dragon. Remember she has a lot of growing to do. Please remember greens and bugs. I too vote for the dubias. I use superworms as well but sparingly for what was mentioned, it's like candy to them and they will want more and more and more! To me it's not simply about being fat, it's about the complications that come with it. Remember, beardies are active for periods of time but spend most of the day inactive. We dont want health issues to arrive. We love our beardies and want them around as long as possible~

K.E.W.T

Original Poster
so usually she gets crickets, but she gets picky. She won’t eat dead roaches that come in the packets and I can’t ship roaches to my area either. I’ll give the bsfl a try, I just know that they turn into flies fast and half the time there’s already flies in the container they come in. She gets lots of vegetables and fruits (the recommended amount). And thank you! I really love her and her colouring! She’s about a year and a half now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
so usually she gets crickets, but she gets picky. She won’t eat dead roaches that come in the packets and I can’t ship roaches to my area either. I’ll give the bsfl a try, I just know that they turn into flies fast and half the time there’s already flies in the container they come in. She gets lots of vegetables and fruits (the recommended amount). And thank you! I really love her and her colouring! She’s about a year and a half now.
Feed the flies - where are you that you can't get roaches

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom