Is my bearded dragon a male?

Status
Not open for further replies.

asher

Hi everyone! Asher is about 7 months old. I’ve done some research online on distinguishing male vs female beardies, but this is my first bearded dragon.... so I just want to confirm that Asher is a male. Please excuse his dirty butt lol

107056-2973288847.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Many dragons can be sexed even when they're tiny if you can hold them in place + arch the tail without hurting them. It's usually easier to do once they're 8 inches or so if the very little one is too hard to hold for the photo shoot.

Swilson

AHBD":k5swylqk said:
Many dragons can be sexed even when they're tiny if you can hold them in place + arch the tail without hurting them. It's usually easier to do once they're 8 inches or so if the very little one is too hard to hold for the photo shoot.
Do these pictures work or is it too small?
107931-4333154322.jpg
107931-4904615311.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you get a few more similar pictures but turn the tail slightly ? Some dragons are easily sexed and others you have to adjust the position of the tail several ways.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
This is one of those that are difficult to tell, some just are easy from when they are tiny and others don't show much even at a much larger size . Still, I'm leaning towards male. Try again in a month or so and there may be a difference though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom