Is low humidity an issue, provided other needs are met?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Two enclosures side by side with same setup. Just moved the humidifier, one still showing 10% while the other is 32%
Yes I am not getting that --- I know my two tanks are off of each other but its only by 5% -- take the one that is reading 32% put it in the tank reading 10 -- then take the one reading 10 into the one reading 32 --- see what you get -- I am wondering if one of those hygrometers is off see if the come up w/ the same as what your getting now --- if they come up w/ the readings your getting now then they are ok - if they come up different one of them is off

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
View attachment 66780
The probe is back in the center. Will keep adjusting the humidifier to get them at least above 20%. If one gets to 50 while the other hits 20%, will that be ok? This is the top. My male freaked out after moving him from a 40 breeder where the light was on top when I put the lighting inside so I cut out some of the enclosure top to put all the lighting on the outside. Someone said to place 8-10” but I will move back to 15”. My female hasn’t been eating much since I moved it closer but she is always under it. Thank you so so much!
The not eating as much could be the weather --- if shes basking under it and not moving I am going to say the weather if the UVB was too strong she would be moving away or hiding from it --

Lajjea

Yes I am not getting that --- I know my two tanks are off of each other but its only by 5% -- take the one that is reading 32% put it in the tank reading 10 -- then take the one reading 10 into the one reading 32 --- see what you get -- I am wondering if one of those hygrometers is off see if the come up w/ the same as what your getting now --- if they come up w/ the readings your getting now then they are ok - if they come up different one of them is off
I switched yesterday & figured the probes work fine. Humidifier was across the room & I moved it lower to the floor & closer to the 10% enclosure. Now they read 55% & 51%. Lowered the setting so they go down a bit.
Just moved the female from 40 gal so she could just be stressed going into a larger space with everything different. Really appreciate your help! Thank you!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I switched yesterday & figured the probes work fine. Humidifier was across the room & I moved it lower to the floor & closer to the 10% enclosure. Now they read 55% & 51%. Lowered the setting so they go down a bit.
Just moved the female from 40 gal so she could just be stressed going into a larger space with everything different. Really appreciate your help! Thank you!!
Those are good readings -- your female is going thru relocation stress--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom