Is it safe to put bismuth crystals around beardies???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how bismuth crystals look and i was thinking they would look great in a photoshoot with Aggie. But, i haven’t been able to find much on if they are safe to put around bearded dragons or not. Does anyone know? Thanks so much!

hdochow

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Sir Henry of Scales
I personally would not chance it. If your beardie is anything like mine, he's gonna tongue taste it. It is a heavy metal, although it is on the low end of toxicity for humans. But who knows how much a tongue taste would give to a dragon. If you really wanted it for a photo op, I'd do something to make sure it does not come in direct contact. (I'm not an expert by any means, just saying what I myself would do.)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For a photo shoot they would be more than ok. :)

If you're concerned, you can always try sealing the bismuth first. But if the dragon is just going to be around it for a photoshoot, there won't be much exposure.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom