Is it safe for them to go underwater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Kazi used to swim all the time!!! If i took him out of the water he would jump back in and swim round and round (just like the beardie in that video although not as fast - more of a leisurely frog-like swim). He LOVES swimming - if I dont make the water deep enough for him to have a swim he gets very very cross!!! When he was younger, he always jumped out of my hands to get in for his swim.

Sherri, have you tried bathing Razz in a container that is not clear? Iv always used the human bath or a coloured baby bath.

Atrax

Sub-Adult Member
But they look so cool when swimming, tail going, it's a great site to see for sure. :mrgreen:

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
MissT":3qrpjh7l said:
Kazi used to swim all the time!!! If i took him out of the water he would jump back in and swim round and round (just like the beardie in that video although not as fast - more of a leisurely frog-like swim). He LOVES swimming - if I dont make the water deep enough for him to have a swim he gets very very cross!!! When he was younger, he always jumped out of my hands to get in for his swim.

Sherri, have you tried bathing Razz in a container that is not clear? Iv always used the human bath or a coloured baby bath.

LOL Now there is an example of a beardie who clearly LOVES to swim :mrgreen: :blob5:

We tried a solid color bin...and the sink and the tub etc. But he really scrambled harder to get out of those :roll: With the clear ones he is OK for a while...he can see out of it and it calms him, but once he has had enough it is obvious he wants out and is almost panicked about it LOL

We keep trying and I will never say he will never like his baths :mrgreen: I thought he would never like salad (or is it sala? :mrgreen: ) and wow! He sure digs in now, more than once a day, yippee for salad loving is right!

~Sherri I am sorry op, seems I got off track with the salad thing :oops:

Jess

Extreme Poster
Dudley LOVES to swim too! I've never put him in deep water: His bathtub is a kitty litter pan (Never been used, obviously!) and the water is only up to his shoulders, so he can easily stand or climb out of his tub of he wants to. But he will usually submerge himself with just with little nose and eyes above the water, and squirm around "swimming" like a little crocodile or something. If I take him out too early, he wiggles out of my hands and back into the water. :roll: I need to take a video of him some time. I always say that he is my semi-aquatic desert lizard LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

The basking side of my tank isn't getting up to the suggested 100degrees. Does that mean I need to get a new basking light?
does her poop look healthy?
In your perspective does my baby bearded dragon look healthy or unhealthy? Does she look bloated? she is active and eats very well also she is in her basking spot all day
03DC25E0-A96A-4ADE-81BD-CDA01EF361B5.jpeg
5DF1B3FA-8331-45DF-9E7D-741216014CE9.jpeg
you know that feeling when you want to change your profile picture, but like you don’t want to lose the good one you have? That’s me, right now
HELP WITH MY BEARDIE EGGS DONT WANT THEM TO DIE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsist
Top Bottom