is it ok to keep 2 baby bearded dragons together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtbone123

Juvie Member
i just wanna know can i keep 2 baby bearded dragons together in the same tank? and also can you tell me at how many inches should i seperate them if they are both males thank you :D

Livey

Extreme Poster
Beardies shouldn't really be housed together, no matter what sex,
they are solitary , and don't like company
Males should never be housed together, they will just fight,
ASAP is best,

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
TheWolfmanTom":2xrcidu5 said:
really? i cant house to babies together if they both are males im not talking about grown up im talking about babies and they do it all the time at the reptile expo?

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Livey":1ktew89r said:
ASAP is best,
i already know its ok to get a male and female together but two baby bearded dragon thats what im talking about you mean to tell me two baby bearded dragons will fight if i put them together? cuz the reptile expo does it all the time

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
at shows and expos, they are like that for only a few hours and there is someone RIGHT THERE the whole time keeping an eye on them.

If you search on this site, you'll find picture evidence of why you shouldn't. There are many many many dragons with missing toes, tails, even entire limbs because they were housed together. a few were not even that lucky and ended up with a dead dragon or 2.

And no, it's not ok to house a male and female together. If they get along, the female will be overbred which can have dire effects on her. And they will both be under CONSTANT stress.

Livey

Extreme Poster
curtbone123":3bd7fhqg said:
Livey":3bd7fhqg said:
ASAP is best,
i already know its ok to get a male and female together but two baby bearded dragon thats what im talking about you mean to tell me two baby bearded dragons will fight if i put them together? cuz the reptile expo does it all the time

Why would it even make a difference? there still the same creature if its a baby or an adult?
There nature to set territory will not change
This will never eveerrr change
ziggy23":3bd7fhqg said:
at shows and expos, they are like that for only a few hours and there is someone RIGHT THERE the whole time keeping an eye on them.

If you search on this site, you'll find picture evidence of why you shouldn't. There are many many many dragons with missing toes, tails, even entire limbs because they were housed together. a few were not even that lucky and ended up with a dead dragon or 2.

And no, it's not ok to house a male and female together. If they get along, the female will be overbred which can have dire effects on her. And they will both be under CONSTANT stress.

1000000000 x agree

Although there had been the odd case were they have been happy together, but 9/10 they will fight.
Its not worth the risk

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
i mean i thought they might be less territorial than the older ones since they are babies thats why i thought it would make a difference even tho they are the same creature but ok if you say so

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
this was Sokar, if you look at his back foot, you'll see he has no toes, and his other back foot was mangled as well.

It was an old injury when I got him at 7 inches. As he grew, he lost his ability to climb.

IMG_2188.jpg

curtbone123

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ziggy23":35dnfa7x said:
this was Sokar, if you look at his back foot, you'll see he has no toes, and his other back foot was mangled as well.

It was an old injury when I got him at 7 inches. As he grew, he lost his ability to climb.

IMG_2188.jpg
aww poor thing! :( im sorry to hear that is he doing ok now? and thanks for letting me know not to keep 2 babies together i wont do it then

Livey

Extreme Poster
Aww poor Sokar!
Its actually probably worse housing them together when there young, the tend to bite off tails and toes as they think its food.
But adults can mate with one and it can get violent...

One of the first things i saw on this forum when i joined was this poor poor girl ,
one of her beardies bit the other ones head off..
It was the most saddening thing to read that as a new member :(

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
curtbone123":3awst9ul said:
ziggy23":3awst9ul said:

IMG_2188.jpg
aww poor thing! :( im sorry to hear that is he doing ok now? and thanks for letting me know not to keep 2 babies together i wont do it then

He died not too long after that picture was taken unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom