Is it normal for Beardies to poop twice a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Hi, I have two baby Beardies being kept in the same tank until Christmas. I've had them both for a month, and I love them both to pieces. I was wondering if it were normal for Beardies to poop more than once a day. A lot of people say their dragons poop on average, every other day. They say that at most, they'll poop once a day. But both my Beardies poop about twice a day. I pick up four "messes" a day. They live off of three meals of crickets and collard greens per day, and everything is digested properly in their poop. (I don't see any crickets looking back at me when I clean it up, so I take that they're digesting it!) Is it normal that they're both pooping more than once a day? (They've never pooped more than two times in one day, and when I first got them they pooped every other day to every two days, and now they're pooping twice a day, each) Thanks a bunch!

Linziehonn

Hatchling Member
I have two beardies one is around 9 months old the other 8 months old. My 8 month old pooped twice a day every single day up until about a month ago since the time he was 4 weeks old, sometimes even 3 times a day, he will still sometimes go twice a day but now usually just goes once. My 9 month old goes once every day except every now and again she'll go twice.

fiestyjess

Hatchling Member
mine poop about 2-3 times a day each, but they eat like pigs too.. alot of green and probably about 50 crickets each a day, they are 16 wks old

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I feed mine about 10-15 crickets per feeding, three feedings a day, backed up with a meal of collard greens:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom