Is it normal for beardie to go to bed at 6:00 PM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

healthybeardie

Juvie Member
I'm just curious as to why our Luther has been crawling into his cave and settling in around 6:00 PM here lately. His lights go on around 6:45 AM, eats his greens between 9:00-12:00 noon, basks, has his big dinner around 1-2 PM and then another smaller meal around 3-5. He gets some exercise outside of his enclosure sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon before his meals. Every other behavior seems to be normal, but I'm just curious as to why he would call it quits so early in the evening.

What time does your beardie go beddy bye time? :?:

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
Mine usually falls asleep between 8-10pm, but there have been times she has gone to bed earlier. Baby Mickey seems to always be awake LOL

healthybeardie

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Luther crawled in his cave this evening and I just checked up on him and his eyes are still opened. He looks very relaxed. Maybe he just likes to hide (de-stress) at the end of a hard day of basking, eating, pooping! ha! ha! :lol:

Grimleo

Juvie Member
My Squeaks went to bed at 4 PM today, usually at 7 or so, though. Sometimes they just take naps, too. :p

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
phoenix will usually stay within limits. his lights come on at 730a (hes awake when i get up at 530 though, lol, and sometimes he will nap around 5ish on his rock, and then he gets up eats dinner, has a bath and snuggles. lol...i think they are like us and enjoy a nap sometimes

jenngib

Puff falls asleep usually between 7 and 9. I take him out of his viv and after some running around he crawls up to my chest or shoulder, snuggles in, and lights out :sleepy2:

btrineer

Dragonlie gets up around 5:30 am and goes to bead around 7:30 pm. Her viv is in our 4 year olds sons room. So when she seems him get his jammies on she climbs to the top of her perch and closes her eyes after he tells her good night.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
Mine all nap too, sometimes a longer nap, other days several short catnaps. They seem to have a bedtime routine. An hour or two before bedtime, they start settling down. They go to their beds and relax for a while, then start nodding off usually about 15-30 minutes before the last light goes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom