Is it mouth rot

Respgirl

Hi i have a beardie about 10 months old. He isn’t wanting his crickets and not so much his roachea and worms as of lately. The only thing I see is a lil black speck on the tip of his tongue and a lighter color around it. He isn’t eating much of his salads. He eats more when I hand feed him. He is staying on the cooler side of his tank more. He has been glass surfing. I did get a puppy and I am not sure if he is stressed or sick. He is not out of his tank near the dog. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and I have been using Betadine/iodine on his mouth since I seen the spot 2 times a day.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi i have a beardie about 10 months old. He isn’t wanting his crickets and not so much his roachea and worms as of lately. The only thing I see is a lil black speck on the tip of his tongue and a lighter color around it. He isn’t eating much of his salads. He eats more when I hand feed him. He is staying on the cooler side of his tank more. He has been glass surfing. I did get a puppy and I am not sure if he is stressed or sick. He is not out of his tank near the dog. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and I have been using Betadine/iodine on his mouth since I seen the spot 2 times a day.
Please post a pic of the dragons mouth --- please go over the surface basking temps and how your taking them-- temps should be 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- your UVB is a coil or a long tube fixture please?

blue11

Sub-Adult Member
Hi there -

Just to address one small part of your post - as far as the actual physical feature of some bearded dragons tongue’s - a healthy tounge can be pink with a tiny black dot at the tip - with a lighter shade of pink / white around it.

I don’t know what your dragons entire tongue/mouth looks like - but that very specific feature is normal. We have seen it prominent on some beardies and not so much with some others.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Yes, if possible, a picture would be helpful. A lot of them tend to have a whitish tip of the tongue, but
some more than others.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom