Is it mean and uneccessary to have Noodle sexed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
The subject says it all
Is it mean and uneccessary to have Noodle sexed?

we don't want to breed Noodle we'd just really like to know her(?) sex

there's a exotics pet shop an hours drive away that we like and trust, the guy is a qualified herptologist has 21 years of experience, he offers a £5 per snake probing/sexing service or will sex any snake you buy from him free if you want him too, this is not a normal pet shop they also breed cornsnakes and crested geckos

probing can't be that pleasant for the snake, this guy doesn't generally sex his cornsnakes unless their breeding stock or the buyer requires, and its got me thinking would we be putting Noodle through unneccessary stress??

PastorAaron

Juvie Member
I wouldn't call it mean at all. The process just takes a few seconds and shouldn't have any negative side effects. Our snakes just look at us while we're doing it like "Hey dad, whatcha doin?"
God Bless,
Aaron

bmb527

Hatchling Member
They charge 5 pounds for that?!?! Every shop around here will just do it to develop customer relations and loyalty. If you have it done, watch and ask questions, then you can do it yourself next time you get a new addition.
Bill

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thanks PastorAaron feel a bit better about it now just have to wait for Noodle to shed now she(?) was blue on tuesday and has been in her(?) humid hide all week so it could happen any time now, knowing my luck i'll have to put it off till next weekend

bmb527 i'm pretty sure if we'd got our snake from them he'd have done it for free, i'm not too bothered about the charge as i'm pretty sure if we had to go to a vet to get it done it would be more, I at least feel confident that he know's what he's doing which is worth the £5

i think i'm going to ask him if he knows any good vets because while we don't need one now I like to know where there is a decent one, so far when i've made enquires I didn't get the impression that those near by have much reptile experience

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Noodle is a girl

its amazing I've managed to guess all the pets sexes correctly (well at first i called Yoshi a he because Nick did, but i had a feeling she'd turn out to be a girl and she did :D )

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
Original Poster
yep i'm glad we had it done,

the other half mumbled something about baby snakes :shock: this is the person who says once we get a friend for yoshi and cresties we won't be getting anymore
although he did ask me the other day if i liked the idea of going into breeding and the likes as a career option :roll:

this is all because of my current unemployed status and indecision in what it is I really want to do.
i started typing an explaning my current situation and how it came to be but it started to look like an essay so figured would spare you my life history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom