Is it burmation?

Beardie name(s)
Thor, Loki (Deceased)
Hi, my 10, almost 11 month old Bearded Dragon has stopped eating. I have been getting him to eat 5 Dubia's every 3 days. Refuses to eat any greens. Hiding underneath his substrate (currently paper towels for easy clean-up). Barely basking. And sleeping a lot.

I have read about burmation, and I think that this might be it, but I just want to make sure.

Thank you for your help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi, my 10, almost 11 month old Bearded Dragon has stopped eating. I have been getting him to eat 5 Dubia's every 3 days. Refuses to eat any greens. Hiding underneath his substrate (currently paper towels for easy clean-up). Barely basking. And sleeping a lot.

I have read about burmation, and I think that this might be it, but I just want to make sure.

Thank you for your help!
What kind of UVB are you using? coil or a long tube fixture and what are the surface basking temps? How are you taking them stick ons or a digital probe thermometer? Incorrect UVB and temps in the tank will simulate brumation -- also they will stop eating as well -- for a 10 month old that is odd unless he is of really good weight like over 300 grams and the lighting is good -- then it is possible but we must rule those out first -- parasites are possible for the behavior as well -- lets start w/ the husbandry first

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's possible, more likely than not if your husbandry is up to par.

Dragons are brumating younger and younger this days because of the unhealthy push of overfeeding and getting full grown dragons before a year of age. If your dragon is near adult size, it's likely either brumation, or just a small slowdown for a few weeks.

-Brandon

LokitheBeardedDragon

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thor, Loki (Deceased)
It's possible, more likely than not if your husbandry is up to par.

Dragons are brumating younger and younger this days because of the unhealthy push of overfeeding and getting full grown dragons before a year of age. If your dragon is near adult size, it's likely either brumation, or just a small slowdown for a few weeks.

-Brandon
He has been getting more active again, still barely eating though

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom