Is he okay.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Toothless' tank sits on a... like quarter table.? And it sits in front of my windows and the shutters are closed and there are curtains, which are typically closed. I decided to open them this morning and give him some actual sun. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him freak the heck out and heard what sounded like him thrashing about. When I looked back, he was at the bottom of the stairs of his rock, frozen and clinging to it and breathing really fast. We pulled him out and he's just...sitting there, almost frozen in animation and his stress marks are DARK. He's looking around a bit but nothing like he usually does and he keeps closing his eyes, like he's going to sleep. And he's never ever done that during the day, hes always so alert to everything. He's breathing kinda hard and deep. I just want to make sure he's okay and that maybe just having the window open for the first time scared him or something.

I'm more concerned with him laying his head down and closing his eyes while laying on my boyfriend, he always tries to take off when he's out of his cage. And his eye looks... not right to me.? Am I paranoid.?

Attachments

• 20220914_101021.jpg
    20220914_101021.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 20220914_102021.jpg
    20220914_102021.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 20220914_102621.jpg
    20220914_102621.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He definitely saw something that terrified him. He'll be O.K. but it may be best to keep that view blocked or just open it a tiny bit at a time.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I agree with AHBD, the window terrified Zen so did cars rides. Now he is ok with either but it took months to get him comfortable with either.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
He definitely saw something that terrified him. He'll be O.K. but it may be best to keep that view blocked or just open it a tiny bit at a time.
That's so weird. There wasn't anything, not even a bird outside. For a split moment, I thought he had a seizure or something. 😩 How can I get him used to the outside.? I know the sun is good for him.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Baby steps, maybe don't open the blinds all the way at first, or if you take him outside, keep him covered with your hand, he will get used to it in time, my guy now loves to be outside on the patio, he used to be a wreck if i put him out there (i have an outside wire habitat i use so they can be out unattended for a short time)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He's just a little guy now and some just get freaked out by things that we don't see because suddenly there's an entire new scenery in view. Some aren't bothered at all, I used to take my babies out at a very young age and they got used to it quick. Once your little guy gets used to you carrying him around , which will take time, you can then add a short trip to sit outside in a low traffic area like back yard or patio. Always be careful if you do carry him whether in the house or eventually outside because they can leap from your hand/arm/shoulder in a flash.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
He's just a little guy now and some just get freaked out by things that we don't see because suddenly there's an entire new scenery in view. Some aren't bothered at all, I used to take my babies out at a very young age and they got used to it quick. Once your little guy gets used to you carrying him around , which will take time, you can then add a short trip to sit outside in a low traffic area like back yard or patio. Always be careful if you do carry him whether in the house or eventually outside because they can leap from your hand/arm/shoulder in a flash.
Well, he's pretty chill with being carried but that may be because he's freaked out with his surroundings. Like, when I carry him into the living room, he'll fixate on something and long neck whatever it is until he can't see it anymore then it's on to the next. We have those... flip shutter type blinds.? Like, they're horizontal, and you pull the piece in the middle and they'll flip either direction. And even when they're closed, some light will shine through and he's obsessed with them, even if they're across the room.

I don't know how to get him used to the windows/blinds/sunlight without traumatizing him. He sits in front of our window, but we have a background taped on the back of his tank and some black curtains on our windows in our bedroom. Dude's a weirdo. 😅

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You might try opening the blind at night just a bit when it's dark and he's asleep. Then when he wakes up and has his coffee he might enjoy the view. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom