Is Godzilla's enclosure sufficient? My beardy is 6 months old and it is my first one. I want to make sure I am doing this correctly.

Yurinoice

Beardie name(s)
Godzilla
20220824_122317.jpg

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Does the heater run all day or just at night? I think that tank is to small for that much heat at one time. Also please go over your lights. The type of uvb, is it long tube or compact/coil (those are garbage and WILL cause you problems) the distance from uvb to your beardie. What type of basking buld, temps and how they are taken. All this is absolutely imperative. If they are off even a little your going to have problems. @KarrieRee is fantastic with lighting, she will help you if you need it, but she is going to want to know all that info.
As far as looks, it looks pretty nice :)

Yurinoice

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Godzilla
Does the heater run all day or just at night? I think that tank is to small for that much heat at one time. Also please go over your lights. The type of uvb, is it long tube or compact/coil (those are garbage and WILL cause you problems) the distance from uvb to your beardie. What type of basking buld, temps and how they are taken. All this is absolutely imperative. If they are off even a little your going to have problems. @KarrieRee is fantastic with lighting, she will help you if you need it, but she is going to want to know all that info.
As far as looks, it looks pretty nice :)
Hey, sorry for the late reply. The heater runs at night with its night lamp. The thermometers were taken by my 5 year old 😮‍💨😊. The tank is 39×12×12 and I keep it at the appropriate temperature/humidity (I check frequently). I have a zilla 150 watt bulb (looks like a regular bulb). And I find when Godi gets hot ot will move to the cooler side. I appreciate the feedback!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey, sorry for the late reply. The heater runs at night with its night lamp. The thermometers were taken by my 5 year old 😮‍💨😊. The tank is 39×12×12 and I keep it at the appropriate temperature/humidity (I check frequently). I have a zilla 150 watt bulb (looks like a regular bulb). And I find when Godi gets hot ot will move to the cooler side. I appreciate the feedback!
Your tank should be 65-75 for night time- too warm of temps at night can cause illness- the tank is too low for a T 5 bulb you want a T 8 it will need to be unobstructed 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom