Is bark too sharp??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DwightsDad

Beardie name(s)
Dwight
Hey everyone!
A company had been going around my neighborhood to cut branches off of the trees and I decided to take a few of them for my beardie's enclosure. I finished the process of cleaning and then smoothing out the branches with sandpaper, but the bark on the largest one won't come off. I don't think they are sharp enough to injure my beardie, but better safe than sorry! What do you think about leaving the bark on branches used in reptile enclosures? Any advice/opinions would help a lot!

Attachments

• 20220320_162107.jpg
    20220320_162107.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 117
  • 20220320_162114.jpg
    20220320_162114.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220320_162120.jpg
    20220320_162120.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 84

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
Hello,

in the pictures it doesn't look like they're too sharp but I would watch just in case. If your beardie has cuts and you think it might be from the branches, then remove them. but to me they don't look it's gonna harm him.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, just keep an eye on it, but I don't think the bark will be harmful. It might be helpful during shedding. My dragon likes to rub up against his habba hut bark to help remove shed, especially along his face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom