Iris' Thread (pic heavy 08/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
Yes... An experience. -.- Three times. Once me. Once the hubby. Then we warned the friends, but they didn't listen. The keyboards are less an issue if they're cool, but some of the gaming ones and more complicated ones are warm. It's all about warm.....

She also likes to rear up and lean her belly against the exhaust port on our gaming systems.... She made a stinker behind the XBox. That was special.

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
To: FranktheTank

Thank you!

To:Morphmom

ha ha she certainly hated her shedding that day she kept rubbing her head on her Driftwood and stretched her mouth a couple times' too! :b

Iris is now a little over 10 inches she's growing fast and still a pig! Yesturday was the first time she enjoyed her bath and rubbed her belly all over the shower mat! I was very happy to watch that behavior i missed so much! I have yet to weigh her but will tomorrow she's getting that circle look in her mid body though :mrgreen:

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sure thing! Here is a recent pic of Iris that I liked when I was letting her roam in a secluded part of the house.
IMG_2207.jpg

Here is her new outdoor enclosure that I made her 2 weeks ago but still haven't used it!
IMG_2161.jpg

Yes Zeus loves socks that fall out the dryer! :roll:

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Gorgeous beardie and dog :) We have a yellow lab/husky cross who looks very much like your beautiful pup. Everyone looks very happy :blob8:

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster

Thanks! I try but other times' I rather give her a break from the camera but those seem to be the times where I wish I had the camera ready lol

I saw the pictures of the lab/husky mix and he/she looks' great! She/he has Husky eyes and a lab color I bet your dog must be energetic I could only imagine!I love dogs I'm currently trying to get a small training thing going on and I have my first customer which is a friend but they just rescued a lab/pit mix who likes to nibble and bite a lot. In the end it'll be really worth it and to me it's something I love doing!I recommend checking out Zak George YouTube videos you can tell he has a very strong bond with his dogs http://www.youtube.com/user/zakgeorge21.

Thanks for the compliment!

Zeusmybeardie

I believe your referring to Silkback Bearded Dragons and Iris is a Leatherback Bearded Dragon so no special care is needed.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
I will have to check out that vid of Zak George later on at home (you tube is blocked at work), I myself am an avid dog person as well. In my spare time I work with a local dog trainer when her clients need help with rehabilitation, I specialize with aggresive cases mostly. Ms. Haven certainly does have tons of energy, she can go all day and all night. We rollerblade for at least an hour everyday when it's not raining, she' s never tired. She had some dog aggression issues when we first adopted her, 3 months later she is doing fantastic we go to the dog park all the time :)

Next year I'm going to be looking for a bearded just like Iris, she is just so beautiful color and form wise.

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That's great that you Rollerblade with your dog and try to handle aggressive dogs i'm sure you saved some from going to a shelter.I go long boarding with Zeus every once in awhile but were still trying to master turning as far as which way to go.They can definitely be hard to tire out! I use to be able to get Zeus tired easily when he was just a pup but now it takes a long hike or a day at the dog beach, but I bet your mix is even harder since Huskys' are known for their stamina

Here's a link to a site you might like, the direct link I posted is of a harness meant for things' like rollerblading so figured I would post it in case you might be interested. They also have very durable and in my opinion very nice looking accessories for dogs, although it is a bit pricey.

http://www.ruffwear.com/Omnijore-Joring-System

Thanks for the compliment. Iris is my first real high end beardie but I still don't like how skittish she is of me it's hard to get her out of her enclosure without her trying to get away and when I do manage to get close she opens her mouth up at me :shock: hopefully in time she trust me more,but she does great when I finally do hold her though!

I am sooo jealous of you! I want her so bad xD She is such a gorgeous lizard! beautiful colourings and patterns and everything! so cute.
how old is she now? and do you know what morph she is?
If so, how much did you get her for?
lol, sorry for the questions, I am just looking into buying a morph beardie, and that is what I would like it to look like, so I am just trying to see how much they are :3

gorgeous girl <3

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She is now 2 months and about 15 days, and she is a Hypo Trans Leatherback. I paid I think it was $375 so yea quite a bit but remember your only going to make the payment once so why not go all out with a beardie you really want.No problem ask as many questions as you like!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom