Iris' Thread (pic heavy 08/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBrian

Juvie Member
....well we haven't named her yet but I wanted to have a picture thread for her. Here's some background on her she is from Jabberwocky Dragons and was born on Cinco De Mayo! That's also just 3 days away from my Birthday!I measured her today and she is just shy of 7 inches and suppose to be the biggest of her clutch. She is doing great here with minimal relocation stress however today she doesn't seem to be eating too much of her crickets.I do have a Dubia colony in the works but im afraid if I feed her some she'll become a addict!Any advise on that? She has been with us since Wednesday of last week and is not shy at all I had my hand in her enclosure and she jumped on me as if I was her basking log lol well enough of that here are some pictures oh her!!!! :blob8:

hi!
IMG_1910.jpg

Sexy leg time :shock:
IMG_1969.jpg

She's not to fond of her baths yet
IMG_1958.jpg

I love this pic!
IMG_1974.jpg

Strike a pose :wink:
IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

Stink eye :angry5:
IMG_1941.jpg

Brian from Jabberwockys picture
Casper_5-24-12_03.jpg

Thanks for looking!

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks, usually I lay down right in front of her when she does that and she just checks me out! Or i'll open her enclosure and put my hand in front of her and yesturday she actually climbed right on my hand and I held her for about 15 minutes! :mrgreen:

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Maybe it doesn't look too bad in the picture but she had her arm in the most uncomfortable looking position it literally looked twisted!!! :bleick:

IMG_1986.jpg

Figured while I edited this thread I minus well add a couple more pics as well....

Scale shot
IMG_1995.jpg

Belly pose
IMG_1999.jpg

Thanks for looking

Oh and we decided to name her Iris! We wanted a mythology type name that we liked so that's what we picked!

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks and yes her belly is hard to resist touching!

Some updated new pics!

Blue belly!
IMG_2034.jpg

I liked her shape on this pic..
IMG_2038.jpg

Tail done the rest is yet to come!
IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2043.jpg

IMG_2046.jpg

Iris is 20 grams and 7 1/2 inches! Yesturday was the first day I did all the weigh ins'

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone! She likes to cling to my hand but she still on her "opening mouth" when I try to scoop her up to do so :( I'm hoping that goes away soon until then were just being really patient! :study: She does have quite the curious personality and I always like her expression when she just hangs out on her enclosures sliding glass edge :mrgreen:

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wanted to post a update on Iris......

Figured I would introduce another spoiled brat! Our 2 year old lab Zeus he gets three walks a day since we had him as a puppy because we live in condos and we go out every weekened to either a hike or to a closed off school that is always empty :mrgreen: We also have a account on a Labrador forum
IMG_2062.jpg

Help meeeeeeeeee :dontknow:
IMG_2105.jpg

RAWRRRRRRR im a Lion!
IMG_2114.jpg

Reaching Nirvana
IMG_2102.jpg

Almost had her whole shed off that day but had to come off the next day :(
IMG_2121.jpg

A bath everyday and Voila!
IMG_2129.jpg

Taken on June 27th just 2 days later she's heading into her shedding phase!
IMG_2135.jpg

Iris is now 8 1/2 inches and 28 grams! She's getting fed mainly crickets and I'll mix in some dubia but she eats 60-80 crickets a day! She has tried silkworms but wasn't too interested in them after awhile so I traded with my local pet shop at La Habra Exotic Pets and got more crickets. She does like her phoenix worms but we only offer it to her as a small treat here and there. I can't wait to try Hornworms' when she's big enough!

Menolly07

Juvie Member
What a pretty lady!!

Just some advice RE laptops/warm keyboards.... Ahem.. They stimulate pooping. Warm on the tummy. :laughhard:

MBrian

Juvie Member
Original Poster
To Menolly07

I don't think I would be pleased if she pooped on a $130 keyboard! I'll take that advise as an experience and definitely keep her away!she wasn't even suppose to be on their but she hopped off my hand to my desk lol

To dylanravenj

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom