Introduction..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms. Rynx

Hello all! My name is Brianna, and I just made this account like 20 minutes ago so I’m kind of new to this all so if any of you could tell me what the basics are that would be great lol! I just got a bearded dragon for Christmas and her name is Rynx and a fun little fact about her is that she has 3 legs. She’s not very keen on vegetables yet but we’re getting there, she also really enjoys just snuggling up into my hair so I don’t know if that’s normal or not but I guess that’s what y’all are here for. Well it’s nice to meet y’all and I’m sure it’ll be great getting to know you guys too. If you want to know anything else about her you can always messages or comment I guess. (I attached a photo of her when she was cuddling with me)
D6B24452-D402-4F80-8AF6-A0CE2B2866C6.jpeg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello all! My name is Brianna, and I just made this account like 20 minutes ago so I’m kind of new to this all so if any of you could tell me what the basics are that would be great lol! I just got a bearded dragon for Christmas and her name is Rynx and a fun little fact about her is that she has 3 legs. She’s not very keen on vegetables yet but we’re getting there, she also really enjoys just snuggling up into my hair so I don’t know if that’s normal or not but I guess that’s what y’all are here for. Well it’s nice to meet y’all and I’m sure it’ll be great getting to know you guys too. If you want to know anything else about her you can always messages or comment I guess. (I attached a photo of her when she was cuddling with me) View attachment 66778
Welcome to the forum +- please tell us about your set up + uvb coil or long tube fixture-- basking temps and how your taking them- this is crucial to your dragons overall health and behavior-

Ms. Rynx

Original Poster
Welcome to the forum +- please tell us about your set up + uvb coil or long tube fixture-- basking temps and how your taking them- this is crucial to your dragons overall health and behavior-
Well I kind of don’t remember but she has the standard two meters long and she has the warm and cool side with a uvb day light and a basking lamp as well as a heating pad that goes behind the wall behind her little hide so it can warm up her space a little without her getting any burns. (it gets really cold during the winter so we need the extra heat.) I have the thermometers and a basking/climbing spot. She uses a reptile carpet and her basking temp is around 45°C so about 113°F

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Well I kind of don’t remember but she has the standard two meters long and she has the warm and cool side with a uvb day light and a basking lamp as well as a heating pad that goes behind the wall behind her little hide so it can warm up her space a little without her getting any burns. (it gets really cold during the winter so we need the extra heat.) I have the thermometers and a basking/climbing spot. She uses a reptile carpet and her basking temp is around 45°C so about 113°F
Please post the boxes of lights you are using or post a pic of the tank and lighting 113 is too hot for basking - you need digital probe thermometers for accurate temps--

Ms. Rynx

Original Poster
Please post the boxes of lights you are using or post a pic of the tank and lighting 113 is too hot for basking - you need digital probe thermometers for accurate temps--
She’s sleeping right now, I’ll get a pic later tomorrow, also what is the appropriate temperature for the basking area?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
She’s sleeping right now, I’ll get a pic later tomorrow, also what is the appropriate temperature for the basking area?
Basking area for a baby is 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- those need to be surface temps-- probe set on the spot where he basks 10 min or so then get temp

Ms. Rynx

Original Poster
Here’s her little set up, I don’t know where to get a digital one though. Do you have any suggestions?

Attachments

• B960A93F-7B0F-425B-A85A-3CB15D76A5CA.jpeg
    B960A93F-7B0F-425B-A85A-3CB15D76A5CA.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 114

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Here’s her little set up, I don’t know where to get a digital one though. Do you have any suggestions?
What bulbs are you using for a UVB and basking --- you want a long tube fixture for a UVB? I cant see them so I cant tell if the UVB is a coil? I can only assume it is so I am going to post fixtures and bulbs you need for her --
24" for a 40 + gallon tank Zoo Med Zoo Med ReptiSun T5 HO Hood this will come w /a 5.0 bulb keep it use it for a back up distance and placement is different from the bulb you need
22" Zoo Med ReptiSun 10.0 UVB T5 HO
you want two of these one for the cool side and one for your basking side Zoo Med Digital Thermometer
Place the probe on where he /she sits for basking leave for 10 min or so long enough to get the surface temp- 105-110
Your dragon will NOT eat w/ out these being proper --
Basking bulbs should be a CLEAR bright white bulb NO colored NO off white and NO daytime bulbs here are some examples of what you need from the pic I am seeing it is a bright white bulb which is good but NO daytime bulbs they have a coating on them that is not good for the eyes
examples of what you want Zoo Med Basking Spot Lamp
or this another example Exo Terra® Intense Basking Spot Light | reptile Bulbs & Lamps | PetSmart
Please let me know when you get the UVB I will help you place it for your tank --the UVB has options of where it can go but it will determine the placement of your screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom