Introducing Verstappen and Checo!

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
New member here. Just wanted to take the time to say hi and introduce my babies. I currently have 2 baby beardies and 2 adult tegus. Been raising reptiles for the last 25 years. I've raised several beardies in that time, always rescues. It's been a few years since I've had any bearded dragons and missed having them around. I decided I wanted to get a couple babies that I could watch grow since that's an experience I've not had. So without further interruptions meet Verstappen (hypo trans het for zero by hatched at hillmans) and Checo (Hypo witblits het for trans lc hybrid by phantom dragons)

Attachments

• 20220706_100611.jpg
    20220706_100611.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 20220707_095828.jpg
    20220707_095828.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
New member here. Just wanted to take the time to say hi and introduce my babies. I currently have 2 baby beardies and 2 adult tegus. Been raising reptiles for the last 25 years. I've raised several beardies in that time, always rescues. It's been a few years since I've had any bearded dragons and missed having them around. I decided I wanted to get a couple babies that I could watch grow since that's an experience I've not had. So without further interruptions met Verstappen (hypo trans het for zero) and Checo (Hypo witblits het for trans lc hybrid)
Welcome to the forum and back to beardie world--
If you have any questions please ask -

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Welcome to the forum and back to beardie world--
If you have any questions please ask -
Appreciate the support. Hopefully I'll have no issues. Raised enough rescues to know the ins and outs of beardies from YF to severe MBD causing near immobility. It's amazing how many people impulse buy reptiles only to let them suffer. I've spent countless hours researching reptiles of all types. Being a disabled vet unable to work I have all the free time in the world. I tell everyone my passion is learning.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
First thank you for your service and i mean that sincerely.
And OHH MY they are cuties!!!!!
If you haven't raised any from babies your in for a treat. They are fantastic and wonderful pets. I love tegus also but right now I just don't have the room. (Personally i wouldn't mind if ya posted pics of them also
;)) If you do have any questions or concerns please dont hesitate to ask, everyone here is great and helpful.

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
First thank you for your service and i mean that sincerely.
And OHH MY they are cuties!!!!!
If you haven't raised any from babies your in for a treat. They are fantastic and wonderful pets. I love tegus also but right now I just don't have the room. (Personally i wouldn't mind if ya posted pics of them also
;)) If you do have any questions or concerns please dont hesitate to ask, everyone here is great and helpful.
As requested this is Frogdog "Frodo" Tegoober and his very girlfriend Scarlet. I've raised their babies from egg till about 6 weeks when they went to new homes. They are both both 3 years old but obviously he is much larger then her, hes going on 4ft and probably around 25 pounds and shes closer to 3ft maybe 10 to 15 pounds. She's shy and prefers to be left alone, not mean she just doesn't like being touched. Frodo on the other hand is a big ol puppy dog. He begs for attentions and plays with my shoes. He's my buddy.

Attachments

• 20200828_115420.jpg
    20200828_115420.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 85

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
They are gorgeous. I've seen videos of them being affectionate. One day i vow I'll have one :D

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Pro tip since they require large enclosures, 8x4x4 recommended 6x3x3 minimum, grow tents on Amazon actually work really well. I cut the inside of the door off leaving just the zipper then sew on a clear vinyl table protector using heavy duty waterproof thread.

Attachments

• 20200528_105235.jpg
    20200528_105235.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 87

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Oh wow that look nice.
They don't try to tear their way out?
Then again i guess it would be hard to loose a 25 lbs lizzard in your house lol

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
I let them out for a couple hours every day. Scarlet usally only comes out for 30 minutes or so, enough time to stretch her legs and go poo. They poo on puppy pads which is very handy for quick clean ups. They refuse to go in their enclosure lol. Frodo will stay out as long as I let him. After about an hour of wander around he climbs up into my bed and takes a nap under my blankets before I end up having to put him back.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Man that rocks. People call them the puppy dogs of reptiles. BAH dogs could only be so lucky to be lizards!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Longfellow777 also has a tegu. She is really pretty also.

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
As requested this is Frogdog "Frodo" Tegoober and his very girlfriend Scarlet. I've raised their babies from egg till about 6 weeks when they went to new homes. They are both both 3 years old but obviously he is much larger then her, hes going on 4ft and probably around 25 pounds and shes closer to 3ft maybe 10 to 15 pounds. She's shy and prefers to be left alone, not mean she just doesn't like being touched. Frodo on the other hand is a big ol puppy dog. He begs for attentions and plays with my shoes. He's my buddy.
thanks for sharing:love:

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
New member here. Just wanted to take the time to say hi and introduce my babies. I currently have 2 baby beardies and 2 adult tegus. Been raising reptiles for the last 25 years. I've raised several beardies in that time, always rescues. It's been a few years since I've had any bearded dragons and missed having them around. I decided I wanted to get a couple babies that I could watch grow since that's an experience I've not had. So without further interruptions meet Verstappen (hypo trans het for zero by hatched at hillmans) and Checo (Hypo witblits het for trans lc hybrid by phantom dragons)
What beauties!! Welcome....you'll love it here! 25 years - WOW!!!

Lobretto

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Verstappen and Checo
Thanks for all the replies. I've technically been dealing with reptiles my entire life of going on 40 years. Grew up in the deserts of norther NV. I'd spend all my free time as a kid in the desert catching leopard lizards, horny toads, western whitetails, collard lizards, sagebrush lizards and western fence lizards. Lots of snakes as well. It wasn't until I was about 15 that I actually kept my first pet reptile, a Columbian red tail boa and a green iguana. I will admit I had little to no idea what I was doing back then and info was sparse, no internet. I killed the iguana by not understanding its humidity requirements. The boa lived to with me for 5 years before it died. I got it full grown at 7 feet already so I have no clue how old it was really was. Once I turned 18 and moved out on my own It was I like donkey Kong. I started out with mostly snakes, Kenya sand boas, Brazilian rainbow boas, blood pythons, and of course balls. I got my first lizard other then the failed iguana in my early 20s, an absolutely wild water dragon. My dad ended up bonding wi5mth the water dragon so I gave it to him and started rescuing reptiles, this is where I first came across bearded dragons, and not just one. It seemed like every day or 2 their was a new post about some unhealthy beardie needing a new home. It was about a year into rescuing that I realized snakes are so boring, pretty yes, but damn boring when compared to lizards. Stopped getting more snakes by my mid to late 20s. And focused solely on lizards, most monitors. It was in my late 20s I first encountered a tegu and I knew this was my dream pet. I waited years and years until my 16 year old nile monitor passed away, sad sad day, but also filled with joy as I knew I now had space for my dream tegu...or 2 lol

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom